• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photo Bin Disappeared

Explorer ,
Feb 15, 2018 Feb 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately, PSE does not have a way for us to lock in our settings. It seems like when I am on deadline, something annoying always happens.

This time it is the Photo Bin ... the button to open it is gone. Originally everything was gone .. I guess it went to a full screen mode for some reason. I certainly did not intentionally make the change.

After watching YouTube videos and researching it, I was able to get everything back except the Photo Bin.

Can I just say that there needs to be a way to lock in our settings. I can't tell you how frustrating it is to use PSE 18.

I am on a deadline and helpless. Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 23, 2019 Apr 23, 2019

In the photoshop elements editor Expert mode the Tab key will hide/unhide all the panels including the Photo Bin.

Shift+Tab hides/unhides all panels except the Tools panel.

So is it possible your inadvertently hitting one of those shortcuts?

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Feb 15, 2018 Feb 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What operating system are you using?

Are sure you the bottom of the pse 2018 editor screen is just not showing because the app needs to resized to fit your screen?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 23, 2019 Apr 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am just now seeing this. My operating system is MacOS Mojave.  It did it again tonight. I was working on an image and went to use my Tools and they were gone. My Photo bin was gone and Layers gone. The only thing there was the main screen. I got Tools back  from the top nav option but had to close all my work and log out of PSE and then when I went back in, it was back to normal. This happens every  month or so. I don't know why it happens and how to fix it without having to close all my work. I have a screenshot that I will attach.

The screenshot below shows the toolbar there because I went to the Window tab and clicked Tools. But there doesn't seem to be the same "easy" way to get back the Photo Bin. And why does all this go away unexpectedly?

The blue line at the bottom is just covering up something I don't want showing on the internet from a window behind the PSE window:

Snip20190423_163.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 23, 2019 Apr 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the photoshop elements editor Expert mode the Tab key will hide/unhide all the panels including the Photo Bin.

Shift+Tab hides/unhides all panels except the Tools panel.

So is it possible your inadvertently hitting one of those shortcuts?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 04, 2019 May 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh my goodness, I think that was it! Thank you so much! This happened again today andI clicked Tab and voila.... the Photo bin was back.

If PSE wants to offer useless (to me) shortcuts, they need to have a way we can turn off all shortcuts. They are a humongous nuisance to me.

Thank you again. I really appreciate your taking the time to help me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 01, 2022 Jul 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The photo bin is a huge nuisance to me as is the crop suggestions. I understand it's impossible to permanently get rid of both of these annoyances in PSE 2018. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 22, 2023 Sep 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, it's impossible since they're built into the program without any options to get rid of them. Both are super annoying but the crop suggestions is the worst for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 21, 2023 Sep 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh, so THAT'S how my cat does it! Steps on the keyboard and the next minute my photo bin is gone. So glad I now now how to fix it. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines