• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photo Book

Explorer ,
Jul 26, 2021 Jul 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I thinking about doing a photo book for a friend who has Dementia, a "memory book". I don't want it to look cheap and tacky so I'm really looking to "pick folks brains". For instance what would be the best paper to print it on and are there any tips you could pass on that would make the task feel less daunting.

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Mentor , Jul 26, 2021 Jul 26, 2021

Gather up all the photos right now, and put them all in the same folder.

Upload your pictures / layouts to any number of online services- save yourself the time, and frustration. 

Figure out a service- look at what they require for layouts- then go to work making your pages. 

Start with blank 300 ppi canvases, and try to use only 300ppi images. 

For the cost of a pack of good photo paper (about $30) you could have a book / album printed professionally for the same cost. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Mentor ,
Jul 26, 2021 Jul 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Gather up all the photos right now, and put them all in the same folder.

Upload your pictures / layouts to any number of online services- save yourself the time, and frustration. 

Figure out a service- look at what they require for layouts- then go to work making your pages. 

Start with blank 300 ppi canvases, and try to use only 300ppi images. 

For the cost of a pack of good photo paper (about $30) you could have a book / album printed professionally for the same cost. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 27, 2021 Jul 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for that. I appreciate you taking the time to reply.

You use the phrase “good paper” but what paper are we talking about? Is it something like 120gm or heavier or a standard photo paper, glossy/matt?  Your advice would be appreciated.

By the way are you saying that I should us something like Blurb rather than the Adobe prog?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Jul 27, 2021 Jul 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The paper would depend upon your printer.  I used different paper in my inkjet and different paper in my lazer printer (yes I know lazer is spelled "laser" I just like it bettter with a z in it).  The paper would also depend upon what you like-- which could be different that what I like.

Use Photoshop Elements to create the pages, then upload those  to whatever online service.

Think more about using 150 -200gm weight if print these on your own.

I've taken plenty of stuff to a local print place had them print it and bind it with one of the pplastic binders. Comb-Bound-Books.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 03, 2021 Aug 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for that. It's much appreciated. However until I can find a suitable company in my area to print it I think that Blurb may be the best answer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines