• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photo Downloader Issues with IPhone XR

New Here ,
Jan 13, 2020 Jan 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cannot download pictures from my IPhone XR (ios 13.3).  When I connect my phone to my desktop (windows 10 home), the downloader opens and shows thumbnails of some of the pictures/videos...actually only for a very few pictures.  I click on Get Media and this displays:

Annotation 2020-01-13 211031.png

If I try again, I get the second error message:

Annotation 2020-01-13 211032.png

Another thing I noticed is the dates are displayed dd/mm/yyyy.  Not sure why as I have never displayed dates like that on my computer.  Additionally, some of the photos are displaying using an edit date (I think), but I know it is definitley not the date taken.  I have been using elements and iphones going back to my iphone 4 and elements 8 {I think).  I have never had this much trouble getting pictures off my phone.  Is this an IPhone issue and I need to contact apple?  Or is there something I missing?  Appreciate any help or insight.

TOPICS
Import and export , Organizer , Problem or error , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 13, 2020 Jan 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been having the same problems.  I initially thought that it was an Elements problem but I was doing some Google searches last week and the problem exists with many different software applications.  There are also many "solutions" to try, but the problem seems to be so random that none of them work consistently.  At least, I haven't been able to find a consistent solution.  I get the same error messages doing a simple copy and paste from the iPhone storage folders to my computer.  So, at this point, I am blaming Apple and/or Microsoft. (I haven't paid any attention to whether the same errors pop up on a Mac.)

IMO, the date issues are at least partly Adobe's fault.  I have had situtations where the file date display is wrong in the grid, yet if I imported the file with the Adobe Photo Downloader, using the template to store the file in a "date taken" sub-folder, the file is actually stored in the correct date folder. 

Another date issue revolves around photos being shared with iPhone apps.   Often, the date in the grid is the date the file has been imported rather than the date it was originally taken (or even shared).  Either the apps strip the metadata from the photo, or Adobe is not looking in the correct database field. 

Apple used to make the claim that more photos have been taken with an iPhone than all other cameras in the history of the world combined.  I don't know whether this was true.  But iPhones undoubtedly create a large share of the photos that are currently snapped.  I wish Adobe would give more attention to the problems you have raised. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 19, 2020 Jan 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I, too have the same problem downloading pictures from an Iphone 8.  Exactly the same error messages.  As I said in an earlier post, I can't be the only one with this problem.  Occasionally, I can download a portion of the pictures on the phone, but nowhere near the total number.  I haven't had this problem before.  I first discovered this problem about 2-3 months ago.  It's not the installation as I have replaced both the computer and installed PSE2020.  I suspect that Microsoft and Apple aren't playing nice with each other again.

Has anyone else observed this and/or discovered a solution?

frustratedinTN

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 19, 2020 May 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This is a problem with Apple IOS as much as PSE and lots of us have experienced this (for every version of PSE).  Your best option is to forget about PSE to download IOS content - I use syncios instead - free software and also keeps the right date/times on the photots. might be fixed in a future version of IOS and/or PSE but I would not be holding my breath.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines