• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photo editor won't open in Photoshop Elements 2019

New Here ,
Nov 26, 2018 Nov 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just purchased Photoshop Elements 2019. I used it this afternoon but when I try to open the editor it spins and nothing opens. I have tried clicking on the saved file itself but nothing happens there either. I have restarted my computer but this makes no difference.

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 13, 2018 Dec 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, that worked for PE 2019, but now Video Editor doesn’t open. What do you suggest?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 13, 2018 Dec 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All is well, thanks piyuschc76752533.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 04, 2019 Jan 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here also version 19 does not work with the tips above.

Outrageous that there is a program on the market that does not work in one go

Even worse is that I live in the Netherlands and therefore do not even have to rely on Dutch support.

The only thing you receive are links to these kinds of topics with possible solutions.
But to date a lot of money has been spent on a program that just does not work and does not provide good support

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 07, 2019 Jan 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

STILL NO SOLUTION?????????

they don't give my money back!!!!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 14, 2019 Mar 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

another month later and still no solution from Adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 27, 2019 Mar 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I copied my catalog file to another location, uninstalled adobe photoshop elements, re-installed it and then copied the catalog back in the location where it was.   It allowed me to access the editor and has worked since then.  It is a shame there has been nothing from Adobe on this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 09, 2020 Jan 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are only 3 files 32bit in Photoshop Elements:

AAM Updates Notifier, AAM Launcher and Adobe Application Manager.

I have removed Adobe Elements 2019 Organizer, Adobe Installers and Adobe Application Manager from the apps list.

When I start Photoshop Elements 2019, the message "Your application install seems to be damaged, Please reinstall the application" appears, click ok and Photoshop works normally.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 31, 2019 Jan 31, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also having the same problem and more. I use Windows 10. I edited one image and saved it and since then for 2 weeks Editor would only spin and not open. Suddenly today I can open Editor but no functionality to import an image just the wizard that wants to grab an entire folder into Editor.

This version is the worst experience after 3 previous versions that worked without issues.

Any solution to importing single images from Windows Explorer folders (bypassing Organizer)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 31, 2019 Jan 31, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

4165912400  wrote

Any solution to importing single images from Windows Explorer folders (bypassing Organizer)?

Simply drag and drop a file from Windows Explorer to the Editor window.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 03, 2019 Feb 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know, I have ask many time support, but there reaction is bad.

They don't give money back (refund) and it is what you wrote:

This version is the worst experience after 3 previous versions that worked without issues.

I have reinstall version 14, what work for me.

I hope soon version 19 will be working, but I don't buy any programm from Adobe in the future.

Support is very bad

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 28, 2019 Feb 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop Elements 2019 was announced in Oct 2018.  There are posts dating from Oct 2018 reporting that the editor would not open.  Today (Feb 28) I registered a DVD install of Photoshop Elements 2019 and accessed the editor once before the editor stopped opening.  I listened to muzak on the customer care?? line for over an hour before I hung up.  Time for some VERY less than favorable reviews of Adobe on Amazon, B&H Photo, Staples, Best Buy, Newegg, CNET, PCMAG and anywhere else I can think of.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 15, 2019 Apr 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a repeatable error that I cannot understand that Adobe does not address.  I reinstalled PE and I could select an image and then select to open the editor and get there.  If I opened an image in Camera Raw or a movie in premiere elements, I can no longer access the photo editor by selecting to edit an image from the organizer.  If I close the program and then open the photo editor from the first page (where options are offered for organizer, photo editor, and video editor, I can usually then access the photo editor from the organizer. It is inexcusable that Adobe has chosen to ignore this problem for as long as they have.  I have posted reviews on online sales sites detailing this issue and Adobe's complete lack of user support.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 18, 2019 May 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In response to continued indifference to a significant fault in their product by Adobe, I offer the following work around that works for me.  Open the photo editor from the start page and then open the organizer from the photo editor.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the suggestion but that does not and has not worked for me. However I try to execute either organiser or editor and whichever version (12 or 2019) I try I have the same problem which is that windows tells me the executable is not there, when I can see it is.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My first solution to the problem was to save my Catalog (over 10K images) to another location, uninstall, and reinstall Photoshop Elements.  I had hard media (DVDs) to do this and my license key was still good.  The re-install ran fine for a while but still occasionally has the issue. The first time it happened on the original install I thought it was connected to opening an image in Camera Raw but I could not repeat the problem once I got access to the photo editor via organizer working.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 26, 2019 Dec 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My copy worked until I updated it today. I've tried all the usual solutions (re-installing etc) but nothing opens it. The program is useless.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Dec 27, 2019 Dec 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you lined up 1,000 random Mac's that met system requirements, installed PSE on all of them using the exact same DVD disk (or downloaded product), a few of them would have problems which is why some of you are here today. Installing it on 1,000 random Win machines in the same manner would also result with a handful of errors.  Why?  Hmm.  Could it be that the installer, or the app is a POC?  Nope, remember we used the exact same installer on every single machine and PSE runs beautifully on nearly 100% of them.  Well what could it possibly be then, Phinny?  Do tell us, hurry!  Please!

I don't have the magic answer but evidence suggests that PSE isn't the engineering blunder a few angry users have suggested.  The difficulties more likely point to system resources (components) on your computer that are either missing, corrupt, or in the wrong location.  Thankfully, PSE runs like a Japanese bullet train on my Win 7 and Win 10 machines at the moment, I repeat,"at the moment" because I know computers, printers, routers, etc aren't immune to sundry craziness from time to time.  

In the mean time I'd minimally suggest running maintenance routines, repairing permissions, resetting PRAM, invoking file checker in your Windows 10 terminal, and any other tricks you may have up your sleeve that might detect and resolve system inconsistencies.  It may (may not) immediately correct your PSE issue but it's important enough to do anyway and just might speed your machine up a little.  I wish I could be more helpful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 26, 2020 Apr 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do not understand every time I try and use my photoshop  2019 that I have instaled here for the last year i have trouble. To 

day I cannot open the editor . Yesterday I could not remove the grid that was so dence I could hardly see the photo .

NOW YOU HAVE DECIDED TO REMOVE EDITOR AND ELEMENTS AND ORGANISER 2019 PAYED FOR MY 

MYSELF PLEASE RELOAD ALL 3 OF THEM .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 16, 2021 Feb 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I am having the exact same problem. I am running windows 10. I purchased and installed 3 days ago and have been able to work with it just fine. There was a Creative Cloud update today for Camera Raw (or something like that), so I installed it. afterwards, I was still able to edit jpg images. I was in the process of creating a GIF and I could not longer "save to web". I would get a "could not find the file location" (or something like that). I restarted PSE, it opened just fine, but then when I tried to open Editor Workspace, It just hangs and then stops. I have reinstalled all my adobe products (Acrobat DC, Flash, Creative Cloud, and PSE), and still get the same thing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 18, 2021 Feb 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @Wearable5C3E,

Could you please confirm what exactly happens when you try to launch the Editor? Do you receive any message that the application is launching? Also, is the blue-coloured splash screen visible?

Thanks,

Medha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 04, 2021 Jun 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Photoshop Elements screen opens, but when I click on PhotoEditor then bounces up and downo and there is a messge that "Loading Adobe Phtotrshop Elements Editor Workspace....; and the icon bouces for about two minutes then stops and I have to force quit Elements. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 09, 2021 Aug 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

We fixed this problem by right-clcking on the Photoshopshop Elements 2019 icon before opening the program. Select properties, then compatability. Run compatability troubleshooter. Even though we have Windows 10 it seemed to choose the Windows 8 version. Anyway it works fine now and we don't care why.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines