• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photo merge

Community Beginner ,
Jul 20, 2021 Jul 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I hope someone can help me with using photo merge group shot.  I'm trying to merge two photos.  I follow the instructions but the photos do not merge.  I've contacted customer support twice, but they are unable to help me.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

TOPICS
How to , Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 22, 2021 Jul 22, 2021

davea14,

Here is what I suggest for your purpose:

1. Go to File>new>blank file. Enter the dimensions. If you intend to print and your paper stock is 4x6", enter these values. Enter "Background Contents" in the dialog as well. Resolution 240 px/in. This will be your canvas.

2.Open picture A. Using the lasso tool, magnetic lasso tool, or selection brush, select the single person. Once the selection is complete, go to Edit>copy to place it on the clipboard.

3. Go back to the canvas from step #1, th

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>>>I hope someone can help me with using photo merge group shot.  I'm trying to merge two photos.  I follow the instructions but the photos do not merge.  I've contacted customer support twice, but they are unable to help me.

i have the same problem and i just bought the program a few days ago. bummer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please be more specific as to what you are trying to do. For example, do you have a picture of a group of people and you wish to add another person to the group? Some of these semi-automated processes do not work well and doing things manually is not that difficult most of the time. Intersting that Adobe support has struck out twice.

Let us know and we will try to help you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 22, 2021 Jul 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have two pictures that I want to merge into one.  They are not group shoots, but of single individuals.  I tried the panorama option, but got an error message that the pictures did not align.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 22, 2021 Jul 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

davea14,

Here is what I suggest for your purpose:

1. Go to File>new>blank file. Enter the dimensions. If you intend to print and your paper stock is 4x6", enter these values. Enter "Background Contents" in the dialog as well. Resolution 240 px/in. This will be your canvas.

2.Open picture A. Using the lasso tool, magnetic lasso tool, or selection brush, select the single person. Once the selection is complete, go to Edit>copy to place it on the clipboard.

3. Go back to the canvas from step #1, then Edit>paste

4. Do the same for picture B. At this point you should have 3 layers. Background layer and layers 1

&2.

Activate the move tool and position A & B, and resize if necessary using the corner handles of the bounding box. Make sure that you are on the correct layer.

This process isolates each person and places both on a new background. If the lighting on A & B is different, you can adjust via the Enhance menu>adjust lighting

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In order to create a panorama (which is what I think you are really talking about) PSE only merges from left to right, not up and down.   You need to have 25% or more overlap between the pictures for it to work. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @davea14 and @susan5FF5 

Feel free to upload two photos you wish to combine using the Photomerge Group Shot guided edit and I'll see if I can put together a quick walkthrough for you. The Photomerge Group Shot guided edit can produce some stunning results but it can be a bit tricky to get everything looking just right 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines