• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photo Shop Elements leaves files in C://Users/[user]/AppData/Local/Temp/

Engaged ,
Mar 16, 2021 Mar 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I do a "Save MetaData to File" operation, Photoshop Elements Organizer places a copy of the file in C://Users/[user]/AppData/Local/Temp/ and does not delete it.  Over time this begins to consume a lot of disk space, expecially when I'm working with .tif and raw files.  Fortunatele Windows does warn me when the C: drive is running low on space.  This has been happening now for many months and the first time I ran low on C: drive space it took quite a bit of time to figure out where the free space had gone.  Please fix this ASAP.

TOPICS
Bug , Organizer , Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 25, 2021 Mar 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't have a solution but have a question. I just looked at this Temp folder and there are a bunch of files, about 60 MB. What is the format of the Adobe files you have concern about? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Mar 25, 2021 Mar 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
There were copies of .jpg files, .tif files, .nef and .xmp files. At times there were several hundred of them and it used up most of the remaining space on my SSD C-drive causing Windows to give me a critical storage warning. Once I figured out where all my free space had gone, I made it a routine step of my process to go check for these files and delete them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines