• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photos appear odd and grainy in Photoshop Elements 11

New Here ,
Apr 28, 2020 Apr 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A couple of weeks ago my photos began to appear strange in my Elements 11. They look the same way they did on my husband's laptop, which is why I do not use it to edit my photos. As if maybe the gradient blending is not fine enough, the images look grainy. I have a 64 bit operating system, have been using this program for a long time, I can't figure this out. I have to add, the area the images look odd is the shadows, no blending, grainy.

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Apr 29, 2020 Apr 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear that images are looking grainy in Photoshop Elements 11. Would you mind checking out the steps mentioned in this discussion  https://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/topics/grainy_blurry_pictures and let us know if that helps?

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 30, 2020 Apr 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am sorry Akash, I don't think I understand how to do what they suggested, y going to the zoom tool & set at 100% to get real view. I have Elements 11, is it different than 12 in this way? 

bobbier67806741_0-1588280698050.png

This is a screenshot of my tool at the bottom left, is this the tool they meant to adjust? I clicked the first one, the 1:1.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 30, 2020 Apr 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually you can see the grainy look under the bird's wing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 05, 2020 May 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Are you seeing this behavior with every image you work on? What type of display monitor are you using and what is the DPI set to? 

~Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines