Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photos appear upside down in organizer 2018

New Here ,
Aug 22, 2021 Aug 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, 

Some photos appear upside down in Organizer 2018.

If you look at the photo directly in wondows explorer or if you open it in Elements editor it looks correct.

This happens only in some photos in what seems to be a random pattern. I would say in about 5-10% of the imported pics.

I have used the organizer since version 1 and have never experienced this wierd behavior before.

Help will be much appreciated 

TOPICS
Organizer , Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Aug 22, 2021 Aug 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are these mostly landscape format photos you take with your iphone, and using the volumn button to take the photo? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 12, 2021 Sep 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes! Yes!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 23, 2021 Aug 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you checked the boxes to rotate jpeg and tiff files using orientation metadata?  I believe the default is to have them unchecked. And if you do have the boxes checked, does it make any difference if you update the thumbnails? (Shift+Ctrl+U)

Snap_2021.08.23_0h28m42s_001.png

(I assume that you are not talking about .heic files from an iPhone as I don't think Elements 2018 supported them in Windows.  I don't know if this is a problem with Macs.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 12, 2021 Sep 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

These boxes were checked. It makes no difference if I uncheck them.

Thks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines