• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photos are TAGGED but showing up as UNTAGGED in PSE 2021 Windows 10

Participant ,
May 04, 2021 May 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Following the previous advice, my PSE 2021 in Windows 10 showed me 45 UNTAGGED ITEMS in my Folder 1. So, I went through each and every one of these 45 photos and tagged them with either People, Event, or Places. Then I used the following sequecnce of tasks:

1. Show All Media

2. Menu/ Find/ Untagged Items - showed me 3090 Untagged Items

3. Selected my Folder 1 - now showed me 45 Untagged Items

4. Reviwed eac of the 45 and tagged them with People, Place or Event or some combination tags.

5. Show All Media again - still showed 3090 Untagged Items

6. Selected my Folder 1 - still showed 45 Untagged Items!

I am a bit puzzled. Why would it show me the same 45, that I had tagged, one at a time, as still being in Untagged stage?

I sure can use your help and advice.

Thank you so much.

TOPICS
How to , Organizer , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 04, 2021 May 04, 2021

After giving it a little thought, I have come up with an easy workaround for you. 

1. Create a new keyword tag called Untagged
  2. Perform the Find>Untagged search
  3. Select all the untagged files that have been found (Ctrl+A)
  4. Tag the files with the Untagged keyword tag
  5. Check the Untagged keyword tag box - all the files with that keyword will now be filtered in the grid.
  6. Select your folder in the Folders panel.  Only files in that folder with the Untagged keyword tag will be visible.
  7. Once you have comple

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It looks like I gave you bad information in the other thread.  I have just been doing some tests and it looks like you cannot filter Find>Untagged Files any further.  In other words, if you filter the catalog by Untagged Files, selecting a folder in the Folders panel removes the Untagged Files filter and you will see all files in the folder, whether tagged or untagged.

Sorry for the confusion.  There is definitely some inconsistency in the way the Folders filter works.  For example, if you go to the UnNamed People room, you can click on a folder in the Folder Panel and only stacks of faces for files in that folder will be displayed. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, Greg I agree on both of your points. On your correction, yes, it is showing ALL of my Photos from Folder #1, like ignoring the Tags. And, on the inconsistency point, Yes, I cheked it out and the Folder filter behaves exactly the way you have suggested. So, there is a definite inconsistency.

Is there anyway for us to isolate Untagged Items by FOLDER? That would make my life so much easier to resolve my 3000+ Untagged pictures from the entire library.

Thanks. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Greg, I just had a chat with a Deepak at Adobe Help support. He told me that filtering for Untagged Item by Folder is NOT available now in PSE. He ven took the time to do his own testing and told me that it can not be done NOW.

But, he assured me that he will take the idea and have Adobe work on it and make it available - no time frame promised.

Just FYI.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the information. All I can suggest is that you make sure you are in the Details view of the Media window (Ctrl+D) and zoom in enough to be able to see the tag icons by each thumbnail.  You can then select your chosen folder in the Folders panel and quickly scan through the grid to find images that have not yet been tagged.

IIRC, one other issue to be aware of is that if a file contains any one tag, it will not appear in a Find>Untagged search.  This hinders the ability place more than one tag on an image.  On the other hand, the Smart Tags feature does a pretty good job of tagging photos, so I no longer consider keyword tagging to be so important.

In any event, Adobe has a webpage where you can make feature requests.  You will find it here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After giving it a little thought, I have come up with an easy workaround for you. 

1. Create a new keyword tag called Untagged
  2. Perform the Find>Untagged search
  3. Select all the untagged files that have been found (Ctrl+A)
  4. Tag the files with the Untagged keyword tag
  5. Check the Untagged keyword tag box - all the files with that keyword will now be filtered in the grid.
  6. Select your folder in the Folders panel.  Only files in that folder with the Untagged keyword tag will be visible.
  7. Once you have completed tagging the files, you can select all the files in that folder, right-click on the keyword tag icon that appears below any thumbnail and you should have the option to Remove "Untagged" Keyword Tag.  Select it and the Untagged tag will be removed from those files.  Alternatively, after you have completed tagging your 3000 untagged files, you can delete the Untagged keyword tag from the Tags Panel. 

Hope this helps with your task.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
May 05, 2021 May 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Greg, thank you so much. It is a terrific idea. I will try it out real soon and let you know the results. Such a simple idea but a terrific idea. Thanks a lot for thinking of it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines