• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

photos not displayed in organizer elements 2021

New Here ,
Jan 17, 2021 Jan 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No Photos displayed in elemements folder. I tried importing photos and importing is grayed out and not allowing me to import photos from photos from my folders wiith the foldes on my hard drive. Inporting is greyed out in all my computer folders. My view files is set to view all filss and hidden files are set to view all hidden files. What do I  have to do to to get the photos to import files?

My email is [personal information deleted by moderator]

thanks,

Roy

TOPICS
Actions , How to , Import and export , Organizer , Problem or error , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I created a new folder and was able to import files. How do I use my folders that I have already set up to import files?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's not clear whether you understand how the Organizer works.  Your photos are not stored in an Elements folder.   The Organizer is a database that points the program (and displays the images) already stored on your hard drive e.g. in the Windows Pictures folder.   Have you ever created a catalog and have you been able to display the thumbnails in the Organizer's Media grid?  Have you used a previous version of Elements, and if so, have you converted the catalog from the prior version to Elements 2021?

If you are still having problems with a greyed out Import menu, please provide us with a screenshot.  I don't recall ever seeing that before.  (How were you trying to Import?  (From Files and Folders, From Camera or Card Reader, From Scanner on In Bulk).

If you were trying to import all images from a folder, you need to select one (or more) folder(s) and click the Get Media button:

Ashampoo_Snap_2021.01.17_16h42m20s_005_.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@rbuckpi said:

How do I use my folders that I have already set up to import files?

If you have added files to a folder that already exists in your catalog, you can right-click on the folder in the My Folders Panel and select Import Media.  Only the new files that are not already in the catalog will be imported.

Ashampoo_Snap_2021.01.17_16h46m50s_006_.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines