Photos out of order

New Here ,
Apr 16, 2022 Apr 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I spent a a lot of time setting up photos in numbered sequence but when loading to a photo album in PS Elements 2019 the photos load out of sequence.  This is a pita.  Why does this happen and is there a fix for this issue??

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please provide a screenshot ot or two of how you set up the sequence wtihing the program, and right after the photos get loaded out of sequence. 

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If I understand you correctly, you have given the files a sequential number name before adding them to an Album.  If that is the case, then use the Sort By: Name option and the files will be sorted in your desired order. 

Snap_2022.04.16_15h40m2s_001.png

Otherwise, if you are using Elements 2022, the files will be sorted in the order in which you have added them to the Album, and they will be displayed by default in Sort By: Album Oder.  Earlier versions of Elements use the selected Media Grid Sort By: order which may be the default date/time order.  This can be changed manually to Album Order  and once you have an Album open, you can click and drag the files to your desired order.

If I have misunderstood what you have done, please give us more details and supply the screenshots suggested by Glenn.

And one way to make things easier for you is to sort your files into your desired order in an Album.  You can then export them (using Ctrl+E) with a custom name in your chosen sort order.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines