• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photos taken with too high of ISO and or to slow of shutter. Images need help. What to do?

Participant ,
Oct 31, 2022 Oct 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have discovered I took many images with 1600 ISO that should have been closer to 100 ISO. How do I go about trying to help them in Elements 2018? Thanks for any help. Seems I have issues trying to make bright images look presentable.

TOPICS
How to , Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 31, 2022 Oct 31, 2022

I wasn't trying to edit the photo for you.  I was merely showing you some tools you could use.   Yes, the birds in my first example may be too blue.   But you can make adjustments to your own taste.  If you want the birds less blue, make adjustments with the temperature slider.

Snap_2022.10.31_18h5m57s_005.png

This is an Adobe forum.  I'm not going to express my opinion about whether other products are better or not.  Most photo editing programs and plug-ins provide free trials.  So you can judge for yourself.  Elements prov

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think your best bet is to use the File>Open in Camera Raw feature.  A few adjustments and you can get something like this:

Snap_2022.10.31_15h38m18s_003.png

Perhaps an even faster method is to use a Levels adjustment (Ctrl+L😞

Snap_2022.10.31_15h45m14s_004.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, the first one appears to blue on the birds for me. The second one looks like more of what I would be after. Is this better than using Topaz DeNoise or another product? Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I wasn't trying to edit the photo for you.  I was merely showing you some tools you could use.   Yes, the birds in my first example may be too blue.   But you can make adjustments to your own taste.  If you want the birds less blue, make adjustments with the temperature slider.

Snap_2022.10.31_18h5m57s_005.png

This is an Adobe forum.  I'm not going to express my opinion about whether other products are better or not.  Most photo editing programs and plug-ins provide free trials.  So you can judge for yourself.  Elements provides an excellent editor as a base and I use it for several other plug-in products that provide specialized features such as denoising and sharpening.  Your original post asked about fixing photos taken with the wrong ISO resulting in exposure that is too bright.  Elements does a pretty good job of handling that, at least in my opinion. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines