• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop 2018 shrinking files

New Here ,
Oct 30, 2020 Oct 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My Photoshop 2018 has suddenly started drastically shrinking the size/quality/resultion of files as I edit them. How can I fix this? Was there a recent update that caused this? It happens even if I tell it to save it with the highest resultion. Very frustrating

TOPICS
Bug , Performance , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please explain what you mean, and give us some example numbers.  There are no updates that would cause this to happen. What kind of edits are you making and what are you looking at to determine your numbers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cropping and adding layers. I've been doing the same types of edits for years. Typically my pictures are about 9 or 10  MB to start. After editing (cropping, adding layers, adjusting light levels and Autosmart tone) they shrink to between 3 and 6 MB. Now I am doing the same sorts of edits and they end up at 800 or 900 kb and they don't look as nice. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 01, 2020 Nov 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I was able to trace it down to the croppping step. When I crop now it shrinks the file size greatly. Seems like the pixels/inch setting got decreased to 200 for some reason. I increased it to 300 and that has helped, though I still feel it's shrinking the file too much after cropping.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines