• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop Elements 11 Tiny Font

New Here ,
May 02, 2017 May 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a new Dell laptop and I installed Photoshop Elements 11. When the program loads it is tiny. I can't read any of the font rendering it unusable. My computer is a Dell XPS 13 9350 Signature Edition running Windows 10 Home edition. I tried updating, but that didn't help at all with this issue. Any suggestions?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 02, 2017 May 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

lleyba@gmail.com  wrote

I have a new Dell laptop and I installed Photoshop Elements 11. When the program loads it is tiny. I can't read any of the font rendering it unusable. My computer is a Dell XPS 13 9350 Signature Edition running Windows 10 Home edition. I tried updating, but that didn't help at all with this issue. Any suggestions?

The high resolution displays required a lot of work form Microsoft and Adobe to work with the UI interface. The fonts and icons were displayed twice smaller as you noticed. That would have required to rewrite totally the software, so an acceptable solution has been found later (from Elements 13.1 on) to display an interface pixel on 4 pixels instead of one. There is an option to display the UI font sizes at 200% size. That's ok for real 4k diplays, but even if you have a recent Elements version, you may have problem if your display is not really 4k, which is probably what you have now...

So, the solution is to use the options of Windows to set your screen resolution to a lower value. For a laptop, even the HD resolution of 1920 x1080 may lead to small fonts depending on your display size in inches/cm.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 03, 2017 May 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Michel. That's unfortunate. I purchased this through Costco and then never installed it on my older computer because I had an older version. I finally installed it when I got this computer and it doesn't work! Oh well. Thanks for the info. I appreciate the explanation. Too bad they aren't offering a free upgrade since many folks have likely found themselves in this situation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 17, 2021 Jan 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Me too!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Jan 18, 2021 Jan 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Have you tried returning it to Costco? They have a pretty liberal return policy.

--
Walter in Davie, FL

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines