• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop Elements 12 is hanging in OSX Yosemite.

Community Beginner ,
Oct 16, 2014 Oct 16, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using PSE12.1, the moment I start selecting pixels the program freezes and I have to select "Force Quit" from the OS X Dock.

I'm using PSE 12.1 and OS X 10.10.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 19, 2014 Oct 19, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can use PSE 12 with my mouse but not my pad.

On Oct 19, 2014 8:41 PM, "idliketoplayyouamatcr" <forums_noreply@adobe.com>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 19, 2014 Oct 19, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is an Adobe problem they will not address. So I am now going to look

at other products that are not from Adobe. I just can't trust them any more.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 20, 2014 Oct 20, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I switched to using my mouse instead of my track pad, and it works! This does not make any sense at all!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exact same issue here after upgrading to Yosemite over the weekend. No problems except 2011 iMac's Magic Trackpad and 2013 Macbook Air's built in trackpad both cause PSE 12 to immediately freeze when using tools. PSE 12 works fine with a Magic Mouse. The touchup and clone tools in PSE 11 which I have retained to run my 32-bit scanner are functional with trackpad clicks but dragging the brush doesn't work. The application doesn't freeze however.

If PSE 13 tools work with trackpads, that tells me this is probably an Adobe issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

since i appear to be stuck with yosemite, and i refuse to pay to upgrade to photoshop 13 ( its not the money its the principal), i am currently shopping for new editing software…just got Pixelmator….doesnt do what photoshoppe does, but then, i don’t really have a need for a lot of the stuff photoshop offers…not a pro so i am not going to invest in the upgrade…also,   how in the world has photoshop gotten by not responding to this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have heard that the company has gone down hill over the past few year I

guess this supports what I heard.

On Oct 20, 2014 2:51 PM, "MaximusHorribilus" <forums_noreply@adobe.com>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

they techie nerd hotshots at apple should upgrade aperture to adopt certain photoshop elements at a reasonable price—thereby keeping it “all in the family"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Isn't it odd how we're all having PSE12 freeze issues just when PSE13 comes out. One has to wonder if this is their way to get people to pay and upgrade.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a separate mouse and I cannot get PSE 12 to work for me – I downloaded the trial version of PSE 13, and when that is up, I just might be forced to upgrade to PSE 13.

Adobe & Apple, you both suck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you hearing this ADOBE you need to get this fixed ASAP, this is POOR Customer service. It is a trackpad issue and if you touch your trackpad it hangs everytime.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 27, 2014 Oct 27, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I Have been having this same problem and thanks to reading this thread have set up a mouse for when i use photoshop and thats fixing the issue ( temporary fix I hope. . Adobe? )

How can we buy software in good faith then be left 3 moths later with no concerns from Adobe about these issues. If you can't fix it then send me a code for a free upgrade

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 27, 2014 Oct 27, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

adobe seems to be if on this

just say no to adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 28, 2014 Oct 28, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have same problem, but I just connected my magic mouse, and then It worked...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 03, 2014 Nov 03, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 05, 2014 Nov 05, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just got off chat with Adobe. I'm having so many issues with Photoshop Elements 12 Editor and was going to upgrade. He informed me that an update will be available soon for us using Photoshop Elements on OS Yosemite.

Griffin: at 11:00:29

There should be an update very soon for you to use Photshop elements on Yosemite.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you know when the update will be available?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I probably should have asked that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know when the update is but I did follow the work around plugin instructions and it's fixed my issue. I was having an issue with not being able to move objects to another place on the page.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 21, 2014 Nov 21, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I still experience the keyboard lockup problem after the OS X update with PSE 12 and 13. It occurs when using the cloning and healing tools. The tools can still be used, but shortcut keys in all OSX applications are locked up. A full restart is required to gain back keyboard control.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 21, 2014 Nov 21, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you deleted preferences?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 22, 2014 Nov 22, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Barbara,

I will try resetting preferences: pressing and holding Option+Command+Shift immediately after PSE begins launching, and clicking "Yes" to reset.

I will report back on this forum if the problem continues, or is finally fixed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

did you do a clean install with Yosemite when you first installed it?  there might be some preference or something else lurking in there that causes this problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It isn't OS X Yosemite. On several occasions when the hang up occurred (using clone or healing or paint tools) the image does a 90% counter-clockwise rotation. This happens while a tool is in use: in between tool strokes. Very strange.

PSE was completely uninstalled and reinstalled, plus I searched for any leftover PSE files. It might be possible that some special PSE file still lurks on the machine, but if the name doesn't include Adobe or Photoshop I will never find it.

The Option+Command+Shift on a MAC method to reset the PSE preferences is something I have used when the caps stop working in PSE. That does not occur often, but it is another odd problem. Basically, all typing in PSE becomes limited to lower case leters. Caps completely stop working.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

that is very strange - I have used a free program called AppCleaner - when you drag and app to it, it goes in and finds all the files associated with that program and pulls them into a window where you can choose to delete them or not.  I've found that program has worked really well for me - however if you've already deleted PSE 12, it may not find anything for you -- I suppose you could try reinstalling 12 then deleting it with the AppCleaner and it might find a mystery file.    I have a similarly strange problem on my mac which started in Mavericks, continued into Yosemite and also with the latest upgrade - no one has been able to help me with it so I just live with it -- it's an issue with Quicklook where if I use the up arrow to go back to look at the photo I just previously viewed, all I get is a white window -- no one at Apple has been able to help me and a clean install of Yosemite did not make the problem disappear.

maybe give AppCleaner a try?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having the same problem, I found this article on photoshop forum but haven't tried yet.

Photoshop Elements doesn't respond when you use editing tools in Mac OS X 10.10

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines