• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop Elements 12

New Here ,
Sep 07, 2024 Sep 07, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I purchased Photoshop Elements 12 in 2014.  I upgraded my laptop in June this year (2024) but was unsuccessful downloading my Elements 12 with my Serial Number.  Adobe keeps telling me that the Serial Number is being used by someone else, i.e. me!  So I deactivated the listing of my previous laptop computer and then tried to register the Serial Number but it still keeps saying it is being used by someone else.  Can anyone offer advice please.  Thank you.

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you purchase it directly from Adobe?

Did you register it?

Does it show in your account?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Peru Bob, thank you for responding.  I purchased it from a retailer and registered it.  Every time I upgrade my laptop, it has been easy for me to just key in the Serial Number and I can download it but for some reason this time I can't.  It doesn't show in my Adobe account. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you purchased it from Best Buy, they had some licenses that were time limited and expired.

What retailer was it purchased from?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It was an IT store in Australia called City Software.  It was only when I updated my laptop in June this year that I had the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found the software download card that came with the purchase and went on to Adobe Redeem and when I typed in the number on the card it said it is invalid.  So I am wondering whether it has expired as you suggest.  I will contact the store tomorrow, closed today, and discuss with them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually, I think I will try to buy the Adobe Photoshop Elements 2024 - I don't want it as a plan so is it best to purchase from Adobe themselves?  Is there an advantage?  And is there a way I can have a free trial then buy it or does the free trial always come with a plan?  Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 08, 2024 Sep 08, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Free Trial | Adobe Photoshop Elements 2024

If you decide to purchase the license at the end of the trial period, you may do so. There is no "plan."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the link - I think this is what I will do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

went on to Adobe Redeem and when I typed in the number on the card it said it is invalid. 

By @HI_N

If it was a redemption code, then it may only be used once to get a serial number.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for that.  I tried to phone City Software but it looks like they are closed down.  I don't think Adobe supports Elements 12 any more and sees it as outdated.  Every time I go back into my account to activate it at https://account.adobe.com/products and click in the window to enter the serial number, the number already comes up but still tells me it is being used by someone else.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried to phone City Software but it looks like they are closed down. ...the number already comes up but still tells me it is being used by someone else.

By @HI_N

The serial number may have been sold to more than one person.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh I see.  Even though I have been able to reactivate it every time I upgrade my laptop since 2014, this can still happen?  It is only since I upgraded my laptop in June this year that this has occurred.  Perhaps that is why the store is closed now because this has happened to other customers.  Well, many thanks for your help, I have really appreciated it.  I will investigate a free trial of the Elements 2024 and see how that goes.  Thank you again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 09, 2024 Sep 09, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

every time I upgrade my laptop

By @HI_N

Do you mean "get a new laptop" or "install new hardware in the laptop"?

Did you sign out or deactivate before upgrading?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 09, 2024 Sep 09, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I meant getting a new laptop.  I would have been signed out of my Adobe Account when I set up my new laptop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 10, 2024 Sep 10, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would have been signed out of my Adobe Account when I set up my new laptop.

By @HI_N

You need to open Photoshop Elements 12 in the old laptop and do this (if you haven't done it already):

From the Editor menu, go to Help > Sign out or Help > deactivate (whichever option is there) so that you release that activation and make it available.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you that is such a good idea.  I tried but my old laptop won't stay on even though it is connected to power, keeps cutting out - a shame that I can't deactivate it online through my Adobe account from one laptop to another.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

my old laptop won't stay on even though it is connected to power,

By @HI_N

Check the power jack.  They can sometimes not connect properly to charge the battery or supply power to the laptop.

If it is an overheating problem, try vacuuming the vents.  Have a desk fan blow on it while it is on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Many thanks for that, I will give it a try.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 11, 2024 Sep 11, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I tried to get the former computer going but no luck, it isn't overheating but comes up with the message now to say the battery needs replacing.  I have decided to go ahead with replacing the Elements 12 and started on a trial for Elements 2024.  Many thanks for all your help.  Has been greatly appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines