• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop Elements 13 does not open in Catalina

New Here ,
Nov 18, 2019 Nov 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Recently I found that my beloved Photoshop Elements 13 (purchased in 2015) no longer opens after upgrade to Catalina.  I have now moved on to purchase Clip Studio Paint which serves my needs more accurately (graphic artist). However, I no longer have access to the many patterns and brushes that I created in Elements 11 & 13. I am disappointed in Adobe and even more disappointed that my own creations no longer exist. Is there some way to retrieve any of these things please?

[Moving from generic Start/Help forum to the specific Program forum... Mod]
[To find a forum for your program please start at https://community.adobe.com/]

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 18, 2019 Nov 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>disappointed in Adobe

YOU are the one who updated to the 64bit only Catalina, so do not blame Adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 02, 2019 Dec 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does this mean that Photoshops Elements 13 will not work in Mac OS Catalina?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 13, 2021 Sep 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My 13 has vbeen working until today - have been on Catalina ( I hate it) for a while now though.   don't know why it would work this long and then just quit.  I am not rich and cannot  keep buying software every time I turn around. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

and then just quit.

The 64 bit version of Photoshop Elements 13 should run on Catalina provided Elements 13 was already installed when the operating system was upgraded.

When you say "just quit", what exactly happens when you try to run PSE13? Can you post a screenshot?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 02, 2019 Dec 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PSE 13 won't run on Catalina.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi folks,

Update: MarieAuthor

I am a little shocked to see the reply from John T Smith regarding upgrading to Catalina? When a customer buys software I didn't know that we could decide not to upgrade as the software appears to demand. Since then I now am using Big Sur 11.5.2 (upgraded in the course of time at no cost to me) and these mods are sent as necessary for the best operation of the software, I always understood.

I still have my old PSE 13 which does open with a warning (reinstall)!  However, I have also purchased an update to PSE 2021 +Elements Premiere. Updates seem to sort out bugs etc., reported after launch.

I am totally happy with it and I do believe it was not very expensive (Around $200 AU). It also comes with Premiere Elements that I have not used yet (videos). There are new graphics in the software that make it worthwhile and thus far, trouble free to use. I purchased Elements 13 back in 2015, so I think 6 years is a good run for that. I would recommend PSE 2021 Elements to anyone wanting to update their software. I have not updated my Wacom tablet (Using Intuos/Wacom 2014) It still receives upgrades or mods, thanks Wacom! In fact I still have my older version from 2009, used with Windows back then. It still works. Thanks to all those who chipped in. Hope you are all safe and enjoying your software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines