• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop Elements 13 support

New Here ,
Apr 17, 2021 Apr 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I was wondering if anyone knows if Adobe still supports Photoshop Elements 13, as of April 2021?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 17, 2021 Apr 17, 2021

Greg is right, just ask here.

Since your other post has been locked to avoid confusion, here is your more precise question:

"Hi, I was wondering if anyone knows if Adobe still supports Photoshop Elements 13, as of April 2021? I also saw some developer notes that said Elements 13 no longer supported Photoshop RAW pictures. Does this mean all RAW pictures, or just certain ones?"

What you must know if you want to deal with raw files:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-elements/faq-will-photoshop-elements-work-with-my-camera-or-why-won-t-my-raw-files-open/td-p/4303022

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Best to ask in the Photoshop Elements forum; this is the Photoshop forum:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-elements/bd-p/photoshop-elements?page=1&sort=latest_replies...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I moved your question to the Photoshop Elements forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no official support from Adobe beyond the current version and the one before.  But there is plenty of help on this forum if you need it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 27, 2021 Apr 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Greg, thanks for your other reply. You stated that Elements 13 uses ACR 9.0, and my camera is on that list, so life is good!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Greg is right, just ask here.

Since your other post has been locked to avoid confusion, here is your more precise question:

"Hi, I was wondering if anyone knows if Adobe still supports Photoshop Elements 13, as of April 2021? I also saw some developer notes that said Elements 13 no longer supported Photoshop RAW pictures. Does this mean all RAW pictures, or just certain ones?"

What you must know if you want to deal with raw files:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-elements/faq-will-photoshop-elements-work-with-my-camera-or...

Each new camera MODEL comes with its new raw format that no previous editing software from any company is able to process. A new converter has to be created from scratch. So updates are necessary for those new cameras.

Adobe's answer covers:

- a free DNGconverter standalone program which can convert a whole folder of your proprietary raw format to the universal DNG raw format that your old software can read and edit. Works in your case. An additional step, but free and with the same quality.

- regular program updates for Adobe subscription softwares like Photoshop and Lightroom, available some time after the new camera is available.

- possible updates for Elements only for the current version (PSE2021 now). Mostly, the new raw formats are only supported in the version of the next year.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 27, 2021 Apr 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Michel, Greg S. replied that elements 13 uses ACR 9.0, and my camera is listed as needing version 8.4 or above, so I think I am good! Thanks for you answer!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines