• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop Elements 14 Editor has stopped working

New Here ,
Jun 16, 2017 Jun 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to do a simple two picture collage and the editor keeps crashing. Then I get a box that says, "A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available."  Sometimes it asks me if I would like to send a report to Adobe. When I try to see the issue if just references the Adobe privacy policy.  Can anyone help me with this issue? Thx!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 17, 2017 Jun 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try updating or rolling back your graphics driver directly from the video card manufacturer's site.

If that doesn't do it, reset the preferences:

Restore default preferences

Preference settings control how Photoshop Elements Editor displays images, cursors, and transparencies, saves files, uses plug‑ins and scratch disks, and so on. If the application exhibits unexpected behavior, the preferences file could be damaged. You can restore all preferences to their defaults.

Note: Deleting the preferences file is an action that cannot be undone.

Do one of the following:

• Press and hold Alt+Control+Shift (Mac: Option+Command+Shift) immediately after Photoshop Elements begins launching. Click Yes to delete the Adobe Photoshop Elements settings file.
  • Go to Edit > Preferences (Mac: Photoshop Elements > Preferences > General), click the Reset Preferences on next launch button, and then click OK. When you restart Adobe Photoshop Elements, all preferences are reset to default settings.

A new preferences file is created the next time you start Photoshop Elements Editor. For information on a specific preference option, search for the preference name in Help.

from here:

Preference file locations for Photoshop Elements and Premiere Elements

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 17, 2017 Jun 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the response. I already tried this and it didn't work. The editor just keeps crashing for no reason.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 12, 2018 May 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I notice your "Elements 14 Editor has stopped working" issue is listed as unresolved on the forum. I hadn't used my Elements 14 for quite a number of months (perhaps a year) and in using it for the first time in a while I have developed the same issue that you appear to have. If you have resolved your issue but haven't updated the status, perhaps you can tell me how you resolved the problem. Failing that, I will have to try getting onto the staff administrators for help. Thanks for your time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 17, 2019 Nov 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please help me too, I spent 4 hours on the Adobe help chat line and it made matters worse. The whole message says: Photoshop Elements 14 has Stopped Working. A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available.  I am running Windows 10 and it used to work just fine until my hard drive was replaced.

Thank for the help in advance.

Frank

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 15, 2020 Dec 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have this same problem with Elements 15.   I've tried the solution suggested but nothing happens.   I'm on a Mac.   I've changed nothing far as my macbook is concerned.    The spinning ball came up when I went to save.  I forced quit.  Left it awhile and restarted.   The icon just bounced up and down till I force quit again.   It was working fine until then.   I do want to update the program sometime soon but not right now.  

Would appreciate some help with this.    Thanks. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines