• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

photoshop elements 14 serial number not accepted

New Here ,
Apr 21, 2022 Apr 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Frustrated searching for hours how to resolve.

purchased photoshop elements and premiere elements years ago and registered the serial numbber in my adobe account.

I have no activated Computer in my account nor can i delete or modify the registered serial numbers.

I purchased a new computer, the old is sweeped clean and I wanted to install the programs from the DVD which i still have. 

Now, I cannot start the program as it will not accept my serial number, I cannot change or modify anything in my account, have no 'registered' Computer to delete...

What to do? Thanks for support.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 25, 2022 Oct 25, 2022

@shannonbatkins, it sounds like you have been talking to a scammer, not someone from Adobe.  How did you contact the "Adobe agent"?  Or were you contatcted via a Private Message? 

If you are accurately describing what you were told by a true Adobe agent, then it is a disgrace that you were given that advice.  Please let us know the name of the agent you spoke with so that we can report them to the appropriate team. 

If you have not already done so, contact Adobe Elements support. You can st

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Apr 21, 2022 Apr 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

(this is the ONLY support Adobe still offers for old programs)
When you can't deactivate a serial number
BE SURE TO ONLY ASK FOR ACTIVATION SUPPORT TO ADJUST YOUR ACTIVATION COUNT
You may need to PERSIST or TRY AGAIN to find a support agent with more experience

This space is provided by Adobe, but it is not Adobe support
Sorry, nobody here can help with an account or payment problem
This is a public forum, you need the link to Adobe support, not other users
Be sure to remain signed in with your Adobe ID before accessing the link
Do be aware that Adobe's staffing is impacted by the virus, so wait times are long
-you MUST make sure that your browser does NOT block ads, scripts, or pop-ups
-you MUST also allow 'cookies' in your web browser for the link to work
This link will go directly to the chat option
Type "Agent" in the chat box to bypass the chatbot and be connected to a person
-Meaning type in the word Agent without the quote " " marks
https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html?rghtup=autoOpen
- or https://helpx.adobe.com/contact/phone.html
Adobe does NOT do support by email, so beware of answering anyone who sends you a private message
-click for more information about scammers https://tinyurl.com/10791730

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 25, 2022 Oct 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same issue, so I chatted with an Adobe agent.  They told me that that the program support had been discontinued (which I obviously understood due to its age), however they also said that they would not allow me to reinstall it and that I would have to update to a new version or adobe cloud.  I COULD NOT BELIEVE THIS!  They intentionally broke the product validation so that someone trying to reinstall would not be able to do so.  I've never had this happen to me before and I just could not believe that they would intentionally do this.  Sure, I do not mind upgrading to a new software if I need to, but why upgrade when it works perfectly fine for what I need it for?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 25, 2022 Oct 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@shannonbatkins, it sounds like you have been talking to a scammer, not someone from Adobe.  How did you contact the "Adobe agent"?  Or were you contatcted via a Private Message? 

If you are accurately describing what you were told by a true Adobe agent, then it is a disgrace that you were given that advice.  Please let us know the name of the agent you spoke with so that we can report them to the appropriate team. 

If you have not already done so, contact Adobe Elements support. You can start a chat session by clicking on the blue Contact Us button under the Help & Support menu at Adobe.com. Or you can contact Support by telephone using the numbers listed here: https://helpx.adobe.com/contact/phone.html.  They are required to deactive your license for you so that you can reinstall the program (if that is what the problem is).  Make clear that you only want your license to be deactivated.  If the representative gives you a hard time, ask for a supervisor.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 30, 2023 Jun 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Greg, I know this response is considerably late, however I actually just saw this! Yes, I contacted a support agent directly through the adobe support site and saved the chat transcript somewhere, but I will have to find it.  When I do, I will be happy to post the agent info.  I was so aggrevated with the way this was handled that I just started using other software for editing, but I honestly miss some of the features that elements offered, so I will give your advice a try and see where it gets me.  Thank you very much for the advice!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Quick update.  I got back in touch with support through chat again and within 5 minutes, the agent had fixed the problem!!  I couldn't believe it! The agent apologized for the previous agent not helping me and said that next time just ask for the PERPETUAL DEPARTMENT and they will take care of it.  They basically just had to reset my activation counts.  Thank you @Greg_S. !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@shannonbatkins, better late than never. Thanks for letting us know that users need to ask for the perpetual department.  I've never heard that before, so will keep it in mind when similar problems arise.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines