Exit

Photoshop Elements 15 crashing

New Here ,
Jan 07, 2017 Jan 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I have a MacBook Pro operating on OS version 10.5

Recently downloaded the Photoshop Elements 15 App and have been using it to edit photos.  However it is crashing when trying to open and now I cannot get it to open at all.  Have tried reinstalling app a couple of times, restarting computer, nothing seems to work

Help!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 09, 2017 Jan 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Pamela,

Can you please try resetting Editor preferences by launching Editor keeping Cmd+Shift+Alt keys pressed and hitting 'Yes' when prompted to delete preference settings file?

Thanks
Andaleeb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 16, 2017 Jan 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have Windows 10 and PSE 15...likewise, PSE 15 crashes in Editor and have kept the Crtl+Shift+Alt pressed when launching Editor and hitting "Yes" when prompted to delete preference settings.  Editor still crashes...what next?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 16, 2017 Jan 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Charles,

Please have a look at Error: Editor has stopped working in Adobe Photoshop Elements

Thanks

Andaleeb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 19, 2017 Jan 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Andaleeb. Will also give this a try. 

One thing that also seemed to work was going to the Prefernce settings in PSE 15 and increasing the RAM processing capacity to the top recommended range. Not sure if this is the right action, but it seemed to look.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Andaleeb...I did go the above link you provided. The recommendation was to uninstall "Web Companion". As it stands, I don't have that program listed on my computer. Any other thoughts?

As always, many of us in the forum community appreciate your assistance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Charles,

Thanks for trying that out. Could you please help us with EventViewer logs. Here's how you can get them and share with us.

Photoshop Elements Editor Help | How to Find Crash Logs on Windows

Thanks

Andaleeb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 18, 2017 Jan 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for feedback - I actually eventually deleted / uninstalled the app and got a refund from Apple then purchased Photoshop Elements directly from the Adobe website and it's been working fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 20, 2021 Jan 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Photoshop Elements 2020 Organizer won't open anymore.  MacBook Pro, catalina OS.  Error 1.  Editor 2020 appears to be fine.  I have the Mac,EN serial number.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines