• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop Elements 19 and Catalina -- "Your application install seems to be damaged, Please ..."

New Here ,
Jan 05, 2020 Jan 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,
Did I miss something? Since I am running OS X Catalina, my PSE2019 is refusing to start?

"Adobe Photoshop Elements 2019
Your application install seems to be damaged, Please reinstall the application."

I tried to solve this problem by:
  1. I tried to uninstall/reinstall PSE. I used  the adope uninstaller app AdobeCreativeCloudCleanerTool.
    1. Uninstalled via /apps/adobe unintstallers.
  2. Deleting folders in
    /Users/<user folder>/Library/Application Support/Adobe/
    /library/app. support/adobe/
    ./creative cloud/...
  3. Reinstalling „creative cloud installer"

Solution: PSE19 = x86 32Bit. Catalina = x64 64Bit.
TOPICS
Bug , Mac , Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Advocate , Jan 05, 2020 Jan 05, 2020

Apple Inc, bloggers, Mac-centric publications, etc began alerting customers to the consequences of upgrading to Catalina well before it was released and you somehow missed it.  32 bit apps will not run on v10.15 and later, period.  None of them, Adobe or otherwise.  Sebastian, it's always best to carefully read up on OS upgrades before commiting to them.  Your options include using things like Gimp, rolling your OS back to 10.14, installing Parallels, or buying Photoshop Elements 2020.  Going fo

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moved to the Photoshop Elements forum from the Photoshop forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apple Inc, bloggers, Mac-centric publications, etc began alerting customers to the consequences of upgrading to Catalina well before it was released and you somehow missed it.  32 bit apps will not run on v10.15 and later, period.  None of them, Adobe or otherwise.  Sebastian, it's always best to carefully read up on OS upgrades before commiting to them.  Your options include using things like Gimp, rolling your OS back to 10.14, installing Parallels, or buying Photoshop Elements 2020.  Going forward, know that Adobe has no plans to re-engineer or update previous versions to make them compatible with Catalina. .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 05, 2020 Feb 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Err, not strictly true. I am using Photoshop Elements 2019 on Catalina and it works fine albeit the highlighted issues by Adobe. It seems you cannot fresh install on Catalina PE 2019 but if you already have it and have upgraded to Catalina then it still works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 18, 2021 Aug 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

My iMac arrived with Catalina installed ldid not update, what do l do now another 83,00€ down the drain l guess.

Kim Renkin.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hm you are right. Thank you for the info.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 09, 2020 Jan 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are only 3 files 32bit in Photoshop Elements:

AAM Updates Notifier, AAM Launcher and Adobe Application Manager.

I have removed Adobe Elements 2019 Organizer, Adobe Installers and Adobe Application Manager from the apps list.

When I start Photoshop Elements 2019, the message "Your application install seems to be damaged, Please reinstall the application" appears, click ok and Photoshop works normally.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 29, 2020 Jun 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for this detail.

Does this mean that you can't make any use of the Organiser section of Elements 2019?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, because there is much more to this thing than 32 bits vs 64 bits. That's just the bit the journalists understand. Apple (correction: I originally typed Adobe) took active steps to block all old apps. Sometimes people are ok when the old app was installed before a Catalina upgrade, but Apple will probably catch up and block these soon enough. Then we will need all new apps again because of this week's Mac accouncement about Apple Silicon. Subscriptions are looking more and more attractive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have removed Organizer so I cannot tell if it can still be used. I'm sure Photoshop Elements 2019 was the last thing I bought from Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines