• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop Elements 19 Printing to the Wrong Printer

Explorer ,
Aug 07, 2019 Aug 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I print to multiple printers from Elements 2019, but now Elements 2019 seems to be "stuck" on my Canon Pro9000 Mark II, my home printer. At work I need to print to my Epson 310 the default printer. File>Print> Canon Pro9> select my Epson. It does it's little dance and "Select Printer:" is set to Epson. "Print" and it brings up the "Canon Pro9000 Mark II" printer and I get the error that the Canon Pro9000 is offline.

An old solution suggested resetting or "cleaning" the preference files and gave the location. Windows Vista / 7 / 8 / 10: C:\Users\[user name]\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Photoshop Elements\{version number}\Editor.

Elements 2019 is not even listed as a version I have installed. For that matter, I installed PSE2018 also and 18 is not listed. Versions 14, 15 and 17 are there but nothing later.

I have rebooted my Windows 10 PC; unloaded and reloaded PSE2019. Where else does PSE retain preferences that may have been set? I have printed to the Epson MANY, MANY, MANY times at work. Over the weekend I printed to my Canon at home over a period of a few days, and now PSE2019 seems to be stuck on the Canon.

I can print to the Epson in MSWord just fine. I can print to the Epson from Windows Photo Viewer. This seems to be an Elements 2019 problem.

Can someone please help me?

Thank you--

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Aug 07, 2019 Aug 07, 2019

Thank you for your reply. Silly me. I should have known that 17 was 19. Made a backup copy then deleted :

I'll have to wait until Monday to test printing to the Epson.

Thanks for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try updating or rolling back the printer driver.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

BLanellA  wrote

An old solution suggested resetting or "cleaning" the preference files and gave the location. Windows Vista / 7 / 8 / 10: C:\Users\[user name]\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Photoshop Elements\{version number}\Editor.

Elements 2019 is not even listed as a version I have installed. For that matter, I installed PSE2018 also and 18 is not listed. Versions 14, 15 and 17 are there but nothing later.

"Elements 2018" and "Elements 2019" are names thought up by the marketing department.  Internally, the program is still named according to its version.  So, 2018 is actually version 16 and 2019 is 17.  Did you make a typo with your post?  If you have 2018 installed, you should still have a folder for 16.  I am fairly confident that resetting the preference file will resolve your issue.

Snap10_2019.08.07_15h54m25s_017_.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your reply. Silly me. I should have known that 17 was 19. Made a backup copy then deleted :

I'll have to wait until Monday to test printing to the Epson.

Thanks for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 08, 2019 Aug 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am able to print to my HP7520 at home without issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 12, 2019 Aug 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On the weekend I printed to my Canon Pro9000 Mark II.

I'm back at work and printing to my Epson fine, no problems.

Problem solved!

Thanks to everyone for your help

la

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 23, 2020 May 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same problem with elements 14 but I can't find the psp file or how to reset the preferences.  It allows me to select a different printer but it always prints to a previous printer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 23, 2020 May 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Go to Edit menu>Preferences>General and click to reset on next launch.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines