• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop Elements 2012 blocked by ADOBE?

New Here ,
Oct 10, 2022 Oct 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can Adobe leaglly block my old version of Phtotoshop elements 2012?

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 10, 2022 Oct 10, 2022

I'm not going to give you legal advice, but your Elements 12 (?? - not 2012) should still work on a Windows computer.  It will not work on a Mac computer with a newer Operating System.

If you give us more details of your problem we may be able to help you.  You may need to download and install the free Adobe CC desktop application in order for your license to be recognized.  You do not need to buy any subcription.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Oct 10, 2022 Oct 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not going to give you legal advice, but your Elements 12 (?? - not 2012) should still work on a Windows computer.  It will not work on a Mac computer with a newer Operating System.

If you give us more details of your problem we may be able to help you.  You may need to download and install the free Adobe CC desktop application in order for your license to be recognized.  You do not need to buy any subcription.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 19, 2022 Oct 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Greg for your comment. I ended up buying a new license. The old version did everything I needed, but I could not open it any longer. It should have worked, as it did since years, but neither photoshop nor premiere Elements was loading. I have not changed anything on my PC and don't believe there was an update to windows that might have 'outdated' these apps! So my conclusion was that Adobe wanted to make a sale, and they did.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines