• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop Elements 2018 - Mac Big Sur

New Here ,
Mar 18, 2021 Mar 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I can't run Photoshop Elements 2018 on my Mac as it just hangs.  I'm running Big Sur 11.2.3 so is there a know issue?

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

LEGEND , Mar 18, 2021 Mar 18, 2021

New system, new apps. It's the Apple way! You need to upgrade to the latest Elements.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Advocate , Mar 18, 2021 Mar 18, 2021

Errr, no...

It was Apple's decision 18 months ago to only support 64-bit apps with the release of macOS Catalina.

As Adobe Photoshop Elements 2018 was released 3.5 years ago and contains some 32-bit code, unfortunately that version is no longer compatible with the latest macOS. You will need to upgrade to the latest Adobe Photoshop Elements 2021 release. The standard price for the upgrade is around $80.

Before you update your OS or buy a new computer (especially macOS and Apple Mac computers) yo

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

New system, new apps. It's the Apple way! You need to upgrade to the latest Elements.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

More like the Adobe scam .........

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Errr, no...

It was Apple's decision 18 months ago to only support 64-bit apps with the release of macOS Catalina.

As Adobe Photoshop Elements 2018 was released 3.5 years ago and contains some 32-bit code, unfortunately that version is no longer compatible with the latest macOS. You will need to upgrade to the latest Adobe Photoshop Elements 2021 release. The standard price for the upgrade is around $80.

Before you update your OS or buy a new computer (especially macOS and Apple Mac computers) you should always check first to see whether your existing apps will be compatible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sure, blame Adobe for Apple's decisions if you want. Adobe don't mind, you still have to pay.

No apps older than 2019 could be installed on Catalina, as I'm sure you know. This wasn't an accident, and Big Sur didn't remove it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 07, 2021 Sep 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am running Adobe Photoshop Elements 2018 with Catalina 10.15.7. I guess I am just lucky.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am running Adobe Photoshop Elements 2018 with Catalina 10.15.7. I guess I am just lucky.

The only way to do that is to have Elements 2018 already installed and then upgrade your operating system from Mojave (or earlier) to Catalina.

Elements 2018 cannot be installed on Catalina due to the 32 bit installer which will not run.

Unless you managed to install Elements 2018 on Catalina. If that was the case, we'd honestly love to hear about it to see if it helps others.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks John, I thought there must have been a technical reason. 'Luck' is a nebulous term.

Yes, it was installed on an earlier system and migrated to a new Mac.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines