• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop Elements 2018 on Mac mini M1

New Here ,
Jun 29, 2021 Jun 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi to everyone, I'm Stefano. I'm going to buy a new Mac to replace my old iMac 2011 and I'm looking to buy a mac mini with M1 processor. 

I bought Photoshop and Premiere Essential 2018, could I use them on the Mini M1? Seems there will be issues attempting to do that. 

There's no way to contact Adobe for help, so I asked here because otherwise I really don't know where to start. And this only could be a good reason to doubt about Adobe support. 

Anyway, if 2018 version does not support M1 and/or Big Sur, is there the possibility to update to the last version, hoping that 2021 release is supporting M1 processor? 

I hope I don't have to buy again the two softwares, otherwise I will find another way for sure. 

Regards, 

Stefano

TOPICS
How to , Mac

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Elements 2018 cannot be used with Big Sur, so you will need to upgrade to Elements 2021.  As the owner of a prior version, you are entitled to a discount on the purchase (from Adobe).

As for Elements 2021 working with the M1 chip, take a look at this thread.  And also see this HelpX Article about Big Sur Compatibility.  (There is a link in the article to help you with contacting Adobe chat support.  You can also contact Adobe Support via telephone using the numbers listed here: https://helpx.adobe.com/contact/phone.html.  But note the limited hours of operation in Europe and other parts of the world.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You will need ALL new apps, including Photoshop Elements. It's part of the Joy of Mac.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines