Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop Elements 2019 Camera Raw 11.1 lens correction

New Here ,
Feb 08, 2019 Feb 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

The Lens Corrections panel is missing in Elements 2019 ACR 11.1. This is a much touted feature used to apply lens aberration corrections to raw files, the same corrections a camera body would do when converting to jpg. Work with lens profiles in Adobe Photoshop, Lightroom, and Camera Raw

This article states that the feature applies to: Camera Raw, Photoshop, Photoshop Lightroom

The article also states: "Lens correction for all Micro 4/3 (MFT) lenses and cameras, including Panasonic, Olympus, and other cameras (Fuji X,  Leica Q, plus many point-and-shoot models from Canon) happens automatically without your interaction."

I have an Olympus MFT camera. How do I know whether the built-in lens profile has been applied to the ORF format raw file when loaded in ACR? There is no visual indication of this, as far as I can tell.

Can anyone shed some light on this please? I sincerely wish that Adobe's information on this was more detailed and clear.

Regards

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Lens Correction tab is only in the photoshop cc/bridge cc camera raw. The camera raw version for photoshop elements has only what features adobe considers basic to camera raw processing, therefore it doesn't include some tabs such as the lens correction tab.

Here's a list of differences between photoshop camera raw and photoshop elements camera raw, although it's a bit dated it covers most of the features not accessible in the photoshop elements camera raw.

Adobe Camera Raw differences between Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Photoshop Elements

As far as built-in camera raw profiles in cameras like your Olympus MFT, photoshop elements camera raw does apply the profile, but as you noticed there is no indication of that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jeff, thanks for your very helpful response. As long as the embedded lens corrections are indeed being applied automatically, then I'm happy.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 23, 2021 Aug 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have a canon rp, with 24-240mm lens, and adobe photoshop elements 2020 (with latest updates installed). The lens corrections don't seem to be applied (eg. distortion). In the Canon Digital Photo Professional 4 (and in the jpgs) these are corrected. Is there any way to enable this (ie the above suggst a default profile should be applied?).

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I believe photoshop elements only applies the Lens Correction profile if its Built-in to the camera raw file.

It does not appear the Canon EOS RP with the 24-240mm lens has a Buit-in profile, so the camera raw version that photoshop elements has would not apply a lens correction profile.

What operating are you using?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Windows 10.

Is there a way to 'build it in' to the raw using DPP4 and export. Hence,
having it applied in elements ?.

PS Would adobe photoshop elements 2021 support this... or is it only
available in lightroom.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines