Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop Elements 2019 freezes

New Here ,
Feb 07, 2019 Feb 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have searched Google and this forum but I have been unable to find anyone with the same problem I'm having with Photoshop Elements 2019.

I have installed it on an HP EliteBook 820 G3 with Windows 10 for one of our users and I believe this laptop is powerful enough to run the software and I installed it as an administrator. I can open the software and the splash page with the links to Organiser, Photoshop and Premiere runs, but when I run either Organiser or Photoshop it freezes almost immediately and I have to end task in Task Manager. The only way I have found to use ANY part of the software is to use the import wizard and then cancel it. After this, the Organiser is usable.

Throughout this behaviour there are no error messages on the screen or events in the Event Viewer. Upgrading the graphics driver has had no effect, so without information as to what's going wrong I'm reaching a dead-end.

Any ideas what to do? Are there any log files that could store reasons for the program to hang?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Feb 11, 2019 Feb 11, 2019

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about Photoshop Elements freezing, could you please check this article and let us know if it helps?

Photoshop Elements Editor freezes while using tools

Regards,
Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 11, 2019 Feb 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about Photoshop Elements freezing, could you please check this article and let us know if it helps?

Photoshop Elements Editor freezes while using tools

Regards,
Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 12, 2019 Feb 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much for your reply. I will try those points and update the thread ASAP.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 19, 2019 Feb 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The customer left Adobe running for an extended period, which was the first point on the link you provided, and now the software works. So thank you!!

I wondered if you know why it was necessary to do this. What could the software have been doing to require a period of being left idle?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 01, 2021 Oct 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi, This same issue has ruined so many days at work for me. and yesterday i have FINALLY discovered what that was (it would happen when i dublicate layers or using other tools). When you use 2 screens sometimes the notification window which comes up when pressing on some tool (that little window which asks for more specs before it executes the function) - well that little window sometimes kinda falls inbetween the screens, i know sounds crazy but its true. So i disconnected the second screen and then i see a corner of that window at the bottom or side of my screen - drag it to your main screen press whatever you have to press and move on with life. IM SOOOO relieved i discovered this, because now i see how often that happens. So its not frozen it just wants you to click smth you dont even see... I hope it helps some of you. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines