• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop Elements 2019 Won't Load

New Here ,
Jan 02, 2019 Jan 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just installed the new photoshop elements on my computer.  It worked at first, but after I closed it and reopened it, I couldn't get it to load.  It says Loading Photoshop Elements Editor Workspace and thinks for a while then nothing happens.  Please help!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This has been happening since day one for me and the Photoshop Elements 2019. Very disappointed this hasn't been addressed yet. I am on Mojave 10.14.2 and tired of the app crashing. If I force quit and reopen I can get some functionality for a short while and then it just freezes up again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For Mojave crash issue, you might find the below link helpful:

https://www.macworld.co.uk/how-to/mac-software/open-apps-wont-work-mojave-photoshop-3684425/

Thanks

Prakash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 03, 2019 Jan 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tried the step in your link - Adobe Photoshop Elements 2019 is still useless to me. Same issues after doing that. Short burst after a force quit of working, then freezes up again. People have been peppering the forums with that macworld link but it doesnt fix this.

IMG_1973.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 01, 2019 Mar 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ive got this problem too.  Bought the program about a month ago, things have been working fine, and now nothing!  I can open Adobe Organizer, and Premier Elements, but cannot open the Photoshop editor?  It will not launch.  The program does not show up in task manager so it is not running in the back ground.  Help?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 01, 2019 Mar 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

lisar89087080  wrote

Ive got this problem too.  Bought the program about a month ago, things have been working fine, and now nothing!  I can open Adobe Organizer, and Premier Elements, but cannot open the Photoshop editor?  It will not launch.  The program does not show up in task manager so it is not running in the back ground.  Help?

I have responded to your question in the other thread on this topic.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 26, 2021 Mar 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

March 26, 2021

I recently received (March 23) my Dell Inspiron 14" 5402 (i7core).
When I ordered this computer I also paid for the Adobe Photoshop Elements 2021 &
Premiere Elements 2021 Bundle, for $130.

After a series of steps, I managed after 12 hours to download
Adobe Premiere Elements 2021 and Adobe Photoshop Elements.
The next day, also after a few trials, I got the editors to work for a couple of photos.

Now, after only 4 quick Photoshoped pictures, I am having the same issues as many of you.
The Organizer and the Video Editor do load, but no Photo Editor.
I have tried your suggestions without any result.

After years of waiting to work on my pictures, this happens.
I am very disappointed with Adobe.
Ironically, I received an email from the Adobe Support Community,
where I received a new rank "Spectator". Thank you all for your moral support.
Money comes and goes, but the bitter disappointment will last.

I will explore other options.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Mar 27, 2021 Mar 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try restarting your computer and see if the Photo Editor opens.

Sometimes after opening and closing the Editor in rapid succession, my Windows computer gets confused and doesn't actually close the application down properly. Restarting the computer is not the only way to get around this problem, but it's certainly the easiest way to get things back up and running again 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 09, 2021 May 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Also want to vent my experience of this madness I have the exact same issue ridiculous did the re-install and still It wont work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 24, 2019 May 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The exact same symptom on WIN 10 latest level.  I  can't believe this has not been fixed. There also doesn't appear to be any way to contact support. I'm very disappointed with Adobe !  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

georgew57013024  wrote

The exact same symptom on WIN 10 latest level.  I  can't believe this has not been fixed. There also doesn't appear to be any way to contact support. I'm very disappointed with Adobe !  

Did the problem start after a recent Win 10 update?  What, if anything, have you tried to fix your problem?  (Several solutions have been provided in this and the related thread.)  Also, please give us more details about what these "same symptoms" are.  (There are different issues involved with each OS.)

If you haven't tried it yet, reset the preferences file:

Press and hold Alt+Control+Shift immediately after Photoshop Elements begins launching. Click Yes to delete the Adobe Photoshop Elements settings file.

If that doesn't work, uninstall and reinstall the program.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 26, 2019 May 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello George,

Please accept my sincere apologies for the inconvenience you had to face. In order to troubleshoot the issue, please provide the following information:

• OS Details:

Windows: Open run > type cmd >type winver

• Device drivers’ information:

Windows: type System Information (Desktop App) -> File Menu -> Save

• Run Log Collector Tool and share the logs.

Log Collector Tool can be downloaded from https://helpx.adobe.com/in/creative-cloud/kb/cc-log-collector.html

• Does this issue occur after a recent OS upgrade/product update?

• Is any anti-virus installed on your system? If yes, please mention the antivirus' name

• Check if PhotoshopElementsEditor.exe is present at the install location

(Default installation location- C:\Program Files\Adobe\Photoshop Elements 2019\)

Thanks,

Medha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Greg_S

The symptom that I referenced was " I just installed the new photoshop elements on my computer.  It worked at first, but after I closed it and reopened it, I couldn't get it to load.  It says Loading Photoshop Elements Editor Workspace and thinks for a while then nothing happens "

To be more specific - I get the home screen and when I launch the photo editor the above symptom happens.

I tried many times the Alt+Cntrl+Shift and I do not get any messages about deleting the settings file.The Home screen comes up almost immediately - System is very high performance with fast SSD.

I did notice that a WIN update was installed between the time it worked and the next day when it didn't. It was KB4497934 

Do you know if I can re-install Photoshop Elements 19 from a License standpoint by deleting it and downloading a new trial copy ?

Thanks for the help !

George

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

georgew57013024  wrote

Do you know if I can re-install Photoshop Elements 19 from a License standpoint by deleting it and downloading a new trial copy ?

Thanks for the help !

George

Yes, you should be able to delete and reinstall the program, even as a trial, as long as the trial period hasn't expired.  Certainly, give that a try. 

I tried many times the Alt+Cntrl+Shift and I do not get any messages about deleting the settings file.The Home screen comes up almost immediately - System is very high performance with fast SSD.

You have to use the Alt+Ctrl+Shift command when you open the Editor from the Home Screen, not when you launch the Home Screen from the Desktop icon.  In other words, open the Home Screen, then click on the Editor icon and immediately use the keyboard command.

Have you opened the Organizer yet?  If so, part of the delay you are experiencing may be because as soon as you open a new catalog, the Organizer will be searching your computer for your photo and video files.  Then, once files are imported into the Organizer, auto-analysis takes over which can bog down the opening of the Editor.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Greg,

I have tried using the Cntrl-Alt-Shift both ways - launching the photoshop app & photo editor many times and can’t get the message.

Organizer does start & work. Launching the photo editor from the organizer fails the same way.

There are only a 17 files in the folders watched so scan should be short & I’ve waited awhile to see if it starts. The loading workspace message spinner stops and the message goes away after a minute or so but nothing happens.

It is a registered copy but I’ve only used it once to scan in some photo’s - the second try produced this problem.

I’ll try and delete than re-install photoshop next.

Do you know if there is a log file - it would be nice to know what was happening ?

Thanks again for your help - I just recently installed photoshop so I’m a novice.

George

Sent from my iPad Pro 12.9 (Gen 3)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you uninstall, make sure you choose the option to delete preferences.  I have a suspicion that your scanner may have had something to do with the issue.  But that's pure speculation on my part.

Are you inquiring about an installation log?  Elements produces a number of log files, but they are often buried deep in a folder tree.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 28, 2019 May 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Greg,

I uninstalled using the Delete preferences option.

I re-installed the product and it works again !

I tried to use the Cntrl-Alt-Shift procedure several times but never received the message about deleting the preference file.

I did observe task manager during the launch of Photo editor and saw that it ran while the message about " loading the

workspace " appeared than stopped using resource when it ended.

Thanks again for the help & advice !

George

Medha - Thanks also for the help !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 20, 2020 Feb 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i'm having exact same problems but with Elements.  just purchased the program less than a week a go, loaded a handful of vids and played around trying to figure the program out (didn't get far) and now the video editor won't open just like with yours.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines