• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop Elements 2020 (2018?) crashes with text tool

New Here ,
Nov 05, 2022 Nov 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I simply directly opened Adobe Photoshop Elements 2020 Editor — it opens "blank" in Expert Mode — and upon selecting the text tool, the program crashes within seven seconds. Otherwise, the program runs without issue. I can choose ANY other tool and no crashing. Upon selecting the text tool, it crashes again. It did allow me enough time to reset the tool as you prescribed, but then crashed again within the 6 or 7 seconds allowed following the text tool selection. I tried to capture it with a screenshot — command-shift-3 — but it wouldn't capture the "pointer". Upon selecting the text tool, the "pause/thinking" pointer behavior appears briefly and then disappears, after which the program then crashes.

I then deleted the preferences as prescribed — the program did not yet even create Adobe Photoshop Elements 18 Paths com.adobe.Elements Organizer.18.plist

Following the crash, out of your list — only Adobe Photoshop Elements 18 Settings [folder] and com.adobe.PhotoshopElements.plist had been created. And again, upon selecting the text tool, the program continues to crash.

(Branched from unrelated thread about PSE 2012 by moderator.)

TOPICS
Crash or freeze

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 05, 2022 Nov 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I found this solution but didn't worked

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop-elements/kb/elements-text-tool-error.html

I'm tired need help 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines