• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop Elements 2020 always crashing when using Spot Healing Brush

New Here ,
Mar 12, 2020 Mar 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using PE 2020 (20200120.m.139570), literally any time I attempt to use the Spot Healing Brush, the program crashes on me without "healing" the picture.  I have used various versions of PE over the years and have never had this problem.

Any suggestions as to how I might be able to restore Spot Healing Brush functionality?

TOPICS
Crash or freeze

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 12, 2020 Mar 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you see any difference in the tool options e.g. if choosing proximity or content aware. A simple reset will often do the trick. Go to this link and select the spot healing tool:

Fix Tool

If that makes no difference try re-setting the prefs by going to:

Edit >> Preferences >> General

Check the box to reset the pref settings on next launch. Then close the Editor and re-start.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 15, 2020 Mar 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Appreciate the response.

I was unable to reset the tool as noted in your "fix tool" link -- the reset tool and reset all tools options are always unavailable (greyed out) to me.

Based on your suggestion, the Spot Healing Brush always fails in proximity mode but appears to work as intended in Content Aware mode.  Not sure why this is, but this has been my experience thus far.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I guess you must be in the Quick workspace. Switch to the Expert workspace, choose the spot healing tool and then try the tool reset again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Correct, I was working in the Quick workspace.  Switched to Expert and performed the tool reset.

No change is evident -- the spot healing brush appears to work fine in Content Aware mode but continues to crash in Proximity mode.  I've sent the Adobe support team an email to see what they have to say on this topic.

Greatly appreciate your help on this topic.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try updating or rolling back your graphics driver directly from the video card manufacturer’s site.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 16, 2020 Mar 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have updated the graphics driver to the latest WHQL version from Nvidia.  PE spot healing brush performance remains unchanged -- it continues to crash in Proximity mode but appears to work fine in Content Aware mode.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 16, 2020 Mar 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You may need to uninstall, use the Cleaner Tool, and reinstall:

cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 04, 2020 Jul 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The same thing happens to me.  It's so strange, but I've had nothing but trouble with both Organizer and Elements since I've upgraded to 2020.  The symptoms are exactly the same.  There is clearly some kind of bug here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 20, 2020 Aug 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The same thing has been happening to me.  I've found 2020 very unsatisfactory on many fronts.  I've worked with Adobe support on many occasions and they are unable to fix it.  At this point I'm recommending to those I know to not use this Adobe product.  I'm so frustrated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 14, 2021 Mar 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you guys ever get a fix for this?  I don't see one here and I have had EXACTLY the same problem and Adobe support has been completely useless.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 14, 2021 Mar 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

What is the solution here Bob.  I'm so frustrated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines