• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop Elements 2020 & 2022 not compatible with Mac IOS 12.0.1 Monterey

Community Beginner ,
Nov 12, 2021 Nov 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My Photoshop Elements has choked on Mac! I have PS elements 2020. I can no longer upload TIFF files. Adobe Help has told me the latest IOS version Monterey 12.0.1 is not compatible with PSE. This includes PSE 2022. Specs are only macOS 10.15 or macOS 11 but not anything higher. They suggested I downgrade to previous IOS version as they have not got around to testing with Monterey. They may find a fix for 2022 but no promises a fix coming for 2020. They suggested I download PSE 2022 trial - Also didn't work. My parting comment to Adobe help was that I have owned PSE 2020 for only 1 year and already redundant. As apple often upgrade their operating system PSE 2022 will soon be incompatible with the next newer version of IOS. WTF. This is amazingly slack from such a big company. They have not even bothered to test with the latest IOS AND they have produced such an unstable package with zero support. BE WARNED!

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Nov 13, 2021 Nov 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

UPDATE:  A solution and update from adobe has been made available for pse 2022. 

There are tons of people ahead of you complaining about it. Not a peep from Adobe when, or even, if an update will ever be issued.  

The OS requirements for pse 2022 do not mention Monterey- yet people continue to buy it--- that's not adobe's fault, it's the consumer's fault.

They're not going to fix a non-supported version. Adobe's policy , to the best of my knowledge, is to push out bug updates to only the most recent version of PSE and just one version before the latest version.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 22, 2021 Dec 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have exactly the same problem that you are facing and my Adobe software is useless now. Given the fact that they are just taking peoples money and not bothering with support I am this evening looking at other products NOT made by Adobe. 

Do not buy Elements, it will no longer work.

I think Adobe can guess what I think they should do with their product!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your like on my post. I got a notification from the Official Adobe Support. Based on your 'like' I now have a new Badge - I am now a 'Community Beginner'. Again WTF ! It's all about interaction and not about the solution. Cheers and regards.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Bernard

Glad I helped you get a badge. However, I will not be using Adobe PS after this fiasco. Originally I purchased a licecnce for Photoshop 5 but then had to move to Apple products from Windows and my original licecnce became useless. 

Then moved to Lightroom and eventually cloud based PS but got fed up paying Adobe for a product I had orininally purchased "In perpetuity". These days I roll about the floor laughing when I see that phrase.

This evening I am downloading a trial of Affinity which is a one off payment and has a good reputation. I also use the free version of Nikon Studio which is fine for raw images from Nikon cameras.

I hope you get the problem sorted.

Have a god holiday. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 04, 2022 Sep 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What about iOS 15.6.1 ? I just got a new iPad and I wanted to install the PS Elements that I purchased in June for my Mac Air, but I can't see a download option.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 06, 2022 Sep 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

There was a mistake in the original post, which said "Mac IOS 12.0.1 Monterey" rather than "Mac OS". You cannot run Mac software on your iPad, it is. It is not a Mac, nor a replacement for a Mac. The only apps you can get for iPad are the ones on the App Store, just as for iPhone. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines