• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop Elements 2020 and Photoshop in the same Mac

New Here ,
Sep 07, 2020 Sep 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Photoshop from my Adobe Cloud subscription. I had to purchase Adobe Elements 2020 for my daughter to use at her high school. What I notice is if I install photoshop elements on the same computer I have already installed Adobe Photoshop 2020, then the adobe photoshop elements 2020 crashes if I try to start it. If I install Photoshop Elements 2020 on a machine without Photoshop, no problem. 
My question:

Is there any incompatiblity between Photoshop Elements 2020 and Photoshop 2020 that prevents the organizer (from elements) to start?

BW: The Photoshop Elements 2020 editor works without issue, however if try to "start" the organizer it crashes..

TOPICS
Crash or freeze , Organizer , Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no conflict between Photoshop 2020 and Photoshop Elements 2020.

See here:

https://helpx.adobe.com/elements-organizer/kb/organizer-crashes-launch-does-not-start.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I already tried all sugestions from that link, it doesn't work. Actually many folders listed there (where we should find files and change names) are not where the document states.

Rgs

Pablo

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As an example:

There is no:

~/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Elements Organizer/<version>/Organizer.

Actually under

~/Library/Application Support/Adobe/

There is no "Elements Organizer" folder

Under:
~/Library/Application Support/Adobe/

No "Online Services" folder neither...

Starting organizer in "safe mode" with shift key allows create a new Catalog, but this neither solves the issue.

PD: also checked for hidden system files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 08, 2020 Sep 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines