• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop elements 2020 and Windows 11--can't start organizer

New Here ,
Sep 20, 2022 Sep 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently upgraded to Windows 11, and had to reinstall PSE 2020. No problems at all. It fires up to the first screen, and then I click on "Organizer" and it says "Loading the Elements Organizer Workspace"  and then just stays to the main screen. If I clock again, nothing happens... I can open the photo editor and no problems there. No updates are visible from the photo editor.

Thanks in advance for any input.

TOPICS
Crash or freeze

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 20, 2022 Sep 20, 2022

Were you able to open the Catalog Manager and create a new catalog?

Try resetting the preferences file. Immediately after launching the program, press Alt+Shift+Ctrl. A message should pop up asking if you want to delete the Settings file. Answer OK.

If that doesn't work, I suggest you contact Support. You can start a chat session by clicking on the blue Contact Us button under the Support menu at Adobe.com. Or you can contact Support by telephone using the numbers listed here: https://helpx.adobe.com/contact/phone.html

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hold down the Shift key and click on the Organizer button.  This should bring up the Catalog Manager dialog.  (The window is sometimes hidden behind the Home Screen.)  Create and open a new catalog.  If the Organizer opens, go to File>Manage Catalogs and select your existing catalog.  Click Open and see if it loads.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately, no luck... just the same message... and for 60 seconds... and then nothing... The interesting thing is that 60 seconds is the time regardless of whether there is a clean boot or whatever...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Were you able to open the Catalog Manager and create a new catalog?

Try resetting the preferences file. Immediately after launching the program, press Alt+Shift+Ctrl. A message should pop up asking if you want to delete the Settings file. Answer OK.

If that doesn't work, I suggest you contact Support. You can start a chat session by clicking on the blue Contact Us button under the Support menu at Adobe.com. Or you can contact Support by telephone using the numbers listed here: https://helpx.adobe.com/contact/phone.html.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Reset settings... got into it! Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines