• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop Elements 2020 - Can't See image thumbnails

New Here ,
Sep 05, 2020 Sep 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just purchased Photoshop Elements 2020. When browsing PDSs (clicking on File, then on Open) to see which image I want to open, I can't see any thumbnails of the images, the only thing I can see are icons. What I want to do is brows thumbnail images and open the image I want to edit. Any ideas?

TOPICS
How to , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you use the menu File > Open, you are browsing in the Windows Explorer to locate and select the files to open. And Windows does not know how to display psd files if external 'codecs'(viewing modules) are not installed.

https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop/psd-thumbnails-in-win-10/td-p/8126396?page=1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I  see that it looks like Windows Explorer. Are you aware of any way to browse PSD images Photoshop Elements? I have thousands of PSD images and need to be able to browse.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's what the Organizer is for.

The Organizer creates thumbnails for all the files in your catalog(s), including PSD and raw formats. Furthermore, those thumbnails are updated to show the edited result from the raw files.

I highly recommend taking the time to get acquainted with the organizer, but if you are after a browsing solution, I can recommend Faststone Viewer, which is a free powerful browser which you can set up to use the Photoshop elements editor as the external editor. It is good at showing PSD files.

By the way it is good too even if you use the organizer. You set it as the external editor of the organizer and it is available immediately as a browser for your folders, especially for images not yet imported into your current catalog.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Michael. It looks like Organizer will do the trick. As an old Elements II and CS5 user, it's a bit different but it looks like everything I need is there. Thank you so much for your help. Much appreciated. -Barbara

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Barbara,

Have you tried using the PSE Organizer? It will display the PSD files and let you choose 1 or more for editing with the PSE Editor.

--
Walter in Davie, FL

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines