• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop Elements 2020 stopped reading RAW files (NEF) on Windows

New Here ,
Jul 25, 2021 Jul 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have not upgraded my camera.  But my photoshop has stopped being able to open RAW files.  That is has always opened without an issue.  I have an Nikon D3500 camera.  I have updated my Camera RAW plug-in (this includes version 11.4 and 13.3), re-installed Photoshop, Downloaded Adobe DNG Converter - and converted my NEF files into DNG.  It will not open either file types.  It states "It can't open the file as it is not the right type of document."  I have gone back to RAW files that I have edited before, same thing.  I have read the forums and can't find any other steps to take...  Anyone???

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 29, 2021 Jul 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

We're sorry about the trouble while trying to open the NEF files in Photoshop Elements 2020. Would you mind telling us if the images are saved on an external drive or your computers local storage? If you save the files on an external drive, try clicking a few new images & save them to the computers local storage (like the desktop) & check if you are able to open them.

You can also try resetting the Preferences of Photoshop Elements using the steps suggested here: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop-elements/kb/preference-file-locations-photoshop-elements.html

Let us know if it helps!

Regards,

Nikunj

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines