• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop Elements 2020 won't load photo editor

New Here ,
Dec 04, 2019 Dec 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I have been needing to use the photoshop app for a while but all of a sudden it will not open. it says it is loading, but just stops loading after about 20 seconds. I have used it before and am on windows 10. I have tried some of the basic fixes ( opening task mangager and closing backround adobe, clearing prefrences, restarting my computer ect.). could someone help me so I can go back to using it?

TOPICS
Crash or freeze , Performance , Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 28, 2021 May 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,
Just yesterday I tried to start Adobe Photoshop 2020 Elements with administrator rights. This workaround worked, I can now start the editor again from the user interface.
best regards
Hannes

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Hannes for the reply! But what do you mean by administrator rights. I'm the only person using my mac. I looked into my adobe account, they deleted all my older registered softwares. Photoshop Elements is not in there. I'm looking at using another photo editor. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh sorry, I use Windows 10 ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 30, 2021 Aug 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

anyone have any updates to this glitch?  same as above, nothing is working and i'm going on an hour waiting to talk to a human at adobe.  not impressed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 31, 2021 Aug 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's very strange but without any explanable reason my photoshop editor page doesn't load anymore while the Premiere editor page does load.

Seems that this problem is happening by several customers and ADOBE does not have the balls to react or help their customers. We don't count for them as long as you don't buy new versions every year.

One this is sure, Photoshop Elements is not a SAAS solution and we all own the license but then it has to work.

SO ADOBE TAKE YOUR RESPONSIBILITY and help your customers or loose them!

Frank Verheijke

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

By the way, I'm using Windows 10 with all latest updates and did switch from the old IE11 to Edge as suggested by microsoft!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows here too, updated explorer just like adobe prompted me too.  Updated PS Elements 2020, just like adobe prompted me too...and now dead in the water.  Awesome. Over an hour on the phone last night, no human ever answered.  And yes, looks like we aren't the only ones with this issue.  Organizer works, i think, but i didn't pay $100 for a program to sort my pics...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 01, 2021 Sep 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All,

I took a drastic decision and removed Adobe Photoshop elements 2020 and re-installed it from scatch after forcing the login with Edge  and guess what... at the moment this is working. But now Adobe comes with the message that a new version is waiting to be installed and if you then click install, the Adobe installer program starts and the error is back. Conclusion, it looks that the installer program seems to have a problem now, but I don't care, I will not install the update.

Hope this helps others to fix their problem as well

Regards

Frank 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines