• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop elements 2021 and camera raw 13.1 or higher

New Here ,
Aug 30, 2021 Aug 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Adobe, I have a Nikon Z6 II and want to use my Adobe Photoshop Elements 2021 (last Update already done) with Nikon Raw files (NEF-Format). Camre Raw AddIn does not support the NIKON Z6 II NEF file

because this is only possible with the Version 13.1 or higher. On my laptop is currently installed 13.0.0.612.

Do you have any idea how this can be solved? 

Meanwhile Camera Raw is available in Version 13.4 for Photoshop but not for Photoshop Elements.

Thanks for feedback

Michael

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Mentor , Aug 30, 2021 Aug 30, 2021

ACR 13.4 is available for download for photoshop elements- It does require a little copy and pasting of one file after it's downloaded and installed. 

The only file you need to be concernd with is Camera Raw.8bi.

Install ACR 13.4, copy the .8bi file and paste it here:
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Plug-Ins\Elements 19\File Formats

Camera Raw plug-in installer (adobe.com)

It is a stripped down version of ACR found in Photoshop- but it should work fine for your camera. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ACR 13.4 is available for download for photoshop elements- It does require a little copy and pasting of one file after it's downloaded and installed. 

The only file you need to be concernd with is Camera Raw.8bi.

Install ACR 13.4, copy the .8bi file and paste it here:
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Plug-Ins\Elements 19\File Formats

Camera Raw plug-in installer (adobe.com)

It is a stripped down version of ACR found in Photoshop- but it should work fine for your camera. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks a lot for your excellent and immediate support. It works now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 23, 2021 Nov 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have a similar problem. I'm running lightroom & photoshop and I just also loaded photoshop Elements 2022. It seems that Lightroom uses camera raw V14.0.1 but PS Elements uses an older version. Photoshop Elements complains about this if I try and open an image in PS Elements that has been edited in Lightroom.

Is it possible to get Photoshop Elements using the same version of Camera Raw as Lightroom/Photoshop?

Thank you....

Ed

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 24, 2021 Nov 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

I have a similar problem. I'm running lightroom & photoshop and I just also loaded photoshop Elements 2022. It seems that Lightroom uses camera raw V14.0.1 but PS Elements uses an older version. Photoshop Elements complains about this if I try and open an image in PS Elements that has been edited in Lightroom.

Is it possible to get Photoshop Elements using the same version of Camera Raw as Lightroom/Photoshop?

Thank you....

Ed

By @EdMatPhoto

Can you post a screenshot or quote the exact text of the error/warning message you are getting?

Can you ignore that message? That may not be a problem with ACR versions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 24, 2021 Nov 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@EdMatPhoto, since you already have Camera Raw 14.0.1 installed, simply copy the Camera Raw.8bi file from

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Plug-Ins\CC\File Formats

to

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Plug-Ins\Elements 20\File Formats

For safety sake, rename the current Elements 20 Camera Raw plug-in file with a ~ prefix (~Camera Raw.8bi). 

Added:  If you have not used Elements before, be aware that the program's Camera Raw features are very limited compared with Lr or Photoshop CC.  So, even though the latest ACR file will install into Elements, it will be very different than the one you see in its big brothers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines