• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop elements 2021 and Mac Catalina 10.15 installing problems

New Here ,
Aug 05, 2021 Aug 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had PSE 2020 trial which worked fine. I went ahead and purchased 2021. Downloaded but seemed to be stuck on verifying organizer. So editor and organizer won't launch but says they're open in task. I restarted the computer and this little window verifying organizer pops up again but doesn't load all the way and seems stuck. I just spent 140 for this program. I had read that elements was basically the only photoshop that works with Catalina 10.15 . It does say in system requirements that it's compatible as well so what could be the issue? 

TOPICS
Download and install , Mac , Organizer

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 06, 2021 Aug 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"I had read that elements was basically the only photoshop that works with Catalina 10.15"

No that's quite wrong. The latest Photoshop Elements works; Photoshop Elements is the limited "consumer" product. But Photoshop also works. That is the regular "professional" Photoshop, from $10 per month.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 14, 2021 Aug 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well that's good to know but it didn't help with the issue I was having. Anyways I had to uninstall everything including elements 2020 and reinstall elements 2021. Now it installed fine and is working fine.. I would love to have photoshop so I might get it if it's not going to cause performance issues on my mac. Creative cloud was slowing me down quite a bit actually, once I got rid of it my computer started running more smooth and it was a pain to get rid of too. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 13, 2022 Aug 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

One year later, Photoshop Elements 2022 about 24 hours and many attempts, usually it times out on 0% occassionally it just stays on 1%, the previous attempt was 1% sor about 16 hours. I have been paying and regularily using Photoshop for years, Since I stopped that subscription due to incomparable cst with a different developer I decided to used my purchased Elements. Adobe told me if I wanted my FULLY paid for Elements to work on Catalina I´d have to buy agaig for ANOTHER ONE TIME payment... Really they are like snake oil salesmen. SO anyway, bought it, mailed the snakeoil salesman and asked for assistance or a file that works, now I´m on their forum as he made the sale and done his job...

They wont let me upload a screenshot of the install here, the screenshot upload has been stuck at about 1/3....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines