• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop Elements 2021 locks for awhile after loading

Explorer ,
Aug 16, 2021 Aug 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On Windows 10, after the program launches and the splash disappears, the entire UI is unresponsive for a minute or two.  Maybe loading?  Why would it take so long?  Elements 11 loaded with no UI freeze.

TOPICS
Bug , Crash or freeze , Performance , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you created a catalog in the Organizer or converted the one you used in Elements 11?  If so, the automatic media analysis of your files can take up a lot of resources and can delay the operation of the Editor.  Once the analysis has been completed (which can take several days if you have a large catalog), performance of the Editor will improve.  If you want to test whether this is the cause, go to the Organizer's Edit>Preferences>Media Analysis dialog and turn off all of the analysis. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your advise.  As you suggested, I disabled all the Analysis checkbox. It's still slow loading Photoshop Elements Editor.  Is there a way to disconnect it from Organizer and the Creative Cloud? I never use either.  I only use the Editor.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's actually about 2-5 seconds after the Editor opens when it freezes about 30 seconds.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 17, 2021 Aug 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You definitely can't disconnect the Organizer from the Editor.  And IMO it is not advisable to delete the Creative Cloud application.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 17, 2021 Aug 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did not delete the creative cloud app.   I don't use it, but I left it anyways.  There is zero good reason for Photoshop Element Editor to grind the crap out of my drive when it loads. I just want to disable that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 23, 2021 Aug 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe support agents, after looking at my computer and doing some troubleshooting, determined that their dev team needs to test Photoshop Elements 2021 on the RTX 3000 series.   They have not done this yet and there is no time frame on this fix.  Considering how expensive GPUs are right now, it could be a long wait before it's fixed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 20, 2022 Mar 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Foudn this thread cause I am having the same issue.Elements freezes for like 30-40 seconds when loading, I also have an rtx3000 series card. Looks like this is still an issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines