• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop Elements 2021 : Updates not possible

Community Beginner ,
Jul 14, 2021 Jul 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, i bought photoshop Elements 2021 few weeks ago and the version is 20210126 155261.

I understand that there is a new version, the 2021.2 ( 20210304.m.156367) but i cannot obtain some update as the update button under "help" is greyed and not active (see attached picture).

Could someone help me to update the software as none of the options are working as of now.

Thanks a lot

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Advocate , Jul 14, 2021 Jul 14, 2021

Hi,

The Photoshop Elements 2021 update (version 2021.2) only updated the Photo Editor, not the Organizer. The most up-to-date build number for the Organizer is 20210126.m.155261.

If you open up the Elements Editor, and go to Help > About Photoshop Elements you should see it has the build number 20210304.m.156367.

Hope that helps 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate
Advocate , Jul 15, 2021 Jul 15, 2021

Hi,

The Help > Updates menu option is usually grayed out as that means there are no updates available.

Each version of Photoshop Elements normally only has a handful of updates and if you have Edit > Preferences > Application Updates set to Automatically download and install updates, you'll probably never have to use the Help > Updates menu option anyway 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate
Advocate ,
Jul 14, 2021 Jul 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

The Photoshop Elements 2021 update (version 2021.2) only updated the Photo Editor, not the Organizer. The most up-to-date build number for the Organizer is 20210126.m.155261.

If you open up the Elements Editor, and go to Help > About Photoshop Elements you should see it has the build number 20210304.m.156367.

Hope that helps 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 15, 2021 Jul 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Phil, thanks a lot for your suport. You are perfectly right, i was looking to the organizer version and not the editor.

Problem is solved except that the "update field" is always greyed. Any idea why ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

The Help > Updates menu option is usually grayed out as that means there are no updates available.

Each version of Photoshop Elements normally only has a handful of updates and if you have Edit > Preferences > Application Updates set to Automatically download and install updates, you'll probably never have to use the Help > Updates menu option anyway 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thnaks a lot for your support, very clear

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 09, 2021 Aug 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This did not work for me.  my Photoshop photo editor crashes when ever I try to crop a photo.  I can't locate the update to install it.  I have gone to the preferences and set it to update automatically but nothing has happened. this is very frustrating as I purchased this software for photo editing mainly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 04, 2021 Nov 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you are using the newest Mac OS, you are essentially out of luck.  Adobe PSE no longer works with Mac computers using any PS newer than 11.0.  So much for loyalty.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines