• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop Elements 2021 won't rotate HEIC photos

New Here ,
Jan 22, 2023 Jan 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Elements kept blue-screening, so I followed advice to update my AMD and INTEL drivers. The blue screen issue has been resolved, but now I can no longer rotate HEIC images. Any ideas?

TOPICS
Crash or freeze , Performance , Problem or error , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 22, 2023 Jan 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Are you talking about the Organizer or the Editor?  In either case, with Elements 2021, you must save the .heic file in a different format, as Elements for Windows cannot save a file in the .heic format. 

Are you able to actually view the .heic files?  If not, install or reinstall the HEIF Image Extensions from the Microsoft Store.

If the files could be rotated OK just before you updated the graphics drivers, try resetting the preferences files. In the Editor, go to the Edit>Preferences>General tab and click the Reset Preferences on next launch button.  For the Organizer, immediately after launching the program, press Alt+Shift+Ctrl. A message should pop up asking if you want to delete the Settings file. Answer OK.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines