• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop elements 2021

New Here ,
Mar 01, 2021 Mar 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just purchased Photoshop Elements 2021.  The installation went well but I have updates I need to install. Is there an alternative to downloading updates for Photoshop Elements 2021? I keep getting error messages and I have tried everything!

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 01, 2021 Mar 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What alternative to downloading the update do you think should be available? 

Did you buy a DVD?

What error messages are you running into when updating?   See if this FAQ offers a solution for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 09, 2021 Mar 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you share the error message that you get while trying to update?

Regards

Vipin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Error 117

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 10, 2021 Mar 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you please try the below steps:

1. Uninstall PSE 2021 completely from you system, if you have a Mac machine, please unsintstall an donot move to Bin directly.

2. Download the light weight installer build from here: https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/kb/photoshop-elements-downloads.html#AdobePhotoshopElements...

3. Install using the light weight installer, this will install the latest version of PSE 2021 on your system.

If you still face issues, Please let me know.

Thanks

Vipin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Vipin,

I uninstalled and reinstalled PSE from the link you gave me.  I received the same Error 117!!! I then reinstalled PSE 2021 from my DVD and its fine. 

I am trying to get the update PSE 2021.1 that pops up every time I open PSE.  When I try to update the software, I get the same error message 117. Otherwise its works fine.

Any other suggestions?  Thank you for your help!

Donna

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you please follow the steps on the below link to use the log collector tool to collect logs. 

Once done, Please share the name of the log files genereated, so I can have a look and try to help.

https://helpx.adobe.com/in/creative-cloud/kb/cc-log-collector.html

Thanks

Vipin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 11, 2021 Mar 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Vipin,

Hope this is file you need.

File: AdobeLogs_20210311_050404_648-win.zip

Please let me know what you find.  Thanks so much.

Donna

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 22, 2021 Mar 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Vipin

Have you had a chance to look at log collector file? Please let me know what you find.  Thanks

Donna

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 22, 2021 Mar 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Donna,

I am looking at the logs, and will get back to you soon.

Thanks

Vipin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 24, 2021 Mar 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Donna,

Did you get a chance to try the steps mentioned here: https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/troubleshoot-download-install-logs.html#error117

Regards

Vipin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 13, 2021 May 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry I just seen this reply today!!! Yes I have tried all of the things mentioned.  Nothing is working.  What else can I do....besides send software back and get refund? Thanks for your help.

Donna

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was wondering if there was an Adobe page where I can download the new build.  Yes its a DVD.

The ERROR message is 117

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See this page for discussion of 117 errors.

And you can download Elements 2021 here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Donna Castranuovo,  see if the solution found here, helps you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Greg,

I tried to download the Adobe Application Manager but it wouldn't install.  I didn't get an error message or anything.  The Install window went so fast and just disappeared!! I did try to update the PSE 2021 after that, but it still failed, same error message 117.

Any other suggestions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 11, 2021 Mar 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think you will have to wait until @VipinGupta sorts this out for you. 

But if you really want to try something else in the meantime, you can use the CC Cleaner tool to remove all remnants of Elements from your computer.  It does work on Elements, but the DOS/Command interface is a little confusing.  So take a look at my instructions here to guide you through the process. 

First uninstall Elements 2021 from the Control Panel.  Then use the CC Cleaner Tool.  Then try a new download and install from the link provided by Vipin.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 03, 2021 Jul 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I have tried all of the things mentioned. Nothing is working. What else can I do....besides send software back and get refund? Thanks for your help.

Donna

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 03, 2021 Jul 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you download and install the program from this link, you will receive a fully updated copy of Elements 2021.  If you are still experiencing errors, you should download and use the Adobe CC Cleaner discussed earlier in this thread.  (Did you actually try it?)  This will remove all traces of Elements 2021 from your computer and you can then install the download of Elements 2021 from my link in this post.

Otherwise, I strongly suggest you contact Elements support. You can start a chat session by clicking on the blue Contact Us button under the Support menu at Adobe.com. Or you can contact Support by telephone using the numbers listed here: https://helpx.adobe.com/contact/phone.html.  They can take control of your computer and install the program for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines