• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop Elements 2022 - Artisic Effects no longer working

Explorer ,
May 21, 2022 May 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been using Elements 2022 on Windws 10 laptop without a problem but suddenly the Artistic Effects no longer works.  Normally I would have an image open, click on the effect I wanted and hey presto it would open. Now, however, all I get is a brown image on top of my image.  All other effects from the Enhance menu work fine.  Wht do do?

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Oct 06, 2022 Oct 06, 2022

Hi,

As of now please use the below workaround to use the feature in PSE 2023:

If Artistic Effect is not working or showing a greyed-out/brown preview, try the listed options.

Restart the application.

If the feature is still not working, close your application. Click on Device Manager > Display adapters and update all adapters using the “Update driver” option from the right click menu.

Restart your system and relaunch the application to see if the issue is resolved.

If the issue remains unres

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Oct 07, 2022 Oct 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is still not working.  Like others, I purchased this version for the Artistic Effect and it hasn't worked now for months.  Is there a true fix?  Or, how do we get a refund?  I am spending more time on trying to fix this, when I really want to use it.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 17, 2022 Nov 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here, very frustrating...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 08, 2022 Oct 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

deactivating the "Use Graphic Processor for improved performance" works in my computer. 

Now the artist effects running OK.

Thanks for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, it looks like a majority of responders have not been helped by the posted workaround.  I'm curious whether any changes have been made in Elements 2023 that might fix the problem.  One of the features being pushed for the latest version is improved performance.  I have no idea whether any improvements would make a difference to the Artistic Effects feature in PSE, and the problems everyone has been reporting seems to be a hardware configuration issue.

If anyone is interested to give Elements 2023 a try, you can get a 30 day free trial without any obligation, and without it affecting your current Elements 2022 installation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes i did that. Not happy! I finally just uninstalled elements 2022 after not getting any help from Adobe customer service after some 6 months now. So thought I would spend $108.00 (which they say in nonrefundable) to install elements 2023 hoping that the fix was done on the new version. I did my research to make sure it was compatible with windows 11. It was supposed to be, but the artist effects on adobe photoshop elements 2023 do not work. Next I installed elements 2022 on my partners laptop that has windows 11 as well. Everything works except the artist effects. Installed elements 2022 on my old laptop that has windows 10, and everything works including artist effects. What gives? I thought the new elements 2023 was compatible with windows 11?   So thats 200 bux I have spent in the last 10 months for adobe photoshop elements 22, and 23. Adobe customer service, are you there? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 09, 2022 Oct 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Greg

I am very happy to report that I installed the trial version of 2023 Elements as per your suggestion and, after unchecking the box in preferences, performance - Use Graphic Processor for improved performance - the Artistic Effects now work!  Everything else seems to function well, too.  So I am minded to upgrade from Elements 2022 to the 2023 version after the free trial expires. However, is there a possibility of obtaining this 2023 version free of charge in light of the malfunctioning and complications involved with 2022?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Yvonne244509332801, thank you for trying my suggestion to download Elements 2023.  I'm glad it has worked for you.  However, to confirm that this is only because of updates in the program, would you try completely uninstalling Elements 2022 and using the option to delete the preferences file. Then reinstall Elements 2022 and try the workaround again. 

If you still have no luck with Elements 2022, I will contact Adobe again about the situation you and others in this thread have reported. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My Photoshop Elements 2022 - Artistic Effects Still Not working

I downloaded/installed the New Trial Photoshop Elements 2023 (Artistic Effects did not work in this version either)
However, after I went into preferences - performance - and unchecked (use Graphics Processor for improved performance)
The trial Photoshop Elements 2023 Artistic Effects started working as it should.
I then opened my Photoshop Elements 2022, went into preferences - performance - and unchecked (use Graphics Processor for improved performance) and Artistic Effects still does Not Work.
So, same computer, exact same configuration, (Windows 11 64 bit) 
The trial Photoshop Elements 2023 Artistic Effects works as it should.

MY Photoshop Elements 2022 Artistic Effects Never worked and still does Not Work.
I feel you should allow me the upgrade from Photoshop Elements 2022 to Photoshop Elements 2023 as a Free upgrade since the Adobe Elements 2022 program will not work as advertised and months of trials and efforts have not fixed the issue. 
Regards, Andrew Porter

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Andrew, that suggestion worked for my elements 2023. Artistic effects are now working. Thank you for posting. 

Steve  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 10, 2022 Oct 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Greg
I did as you suggested - uninstalled Elements 2022, reinstalled it with the
same workaround but unfortunately the Artistic Effects still does not
work. It is still working on elements 2023 trial version.
I hope Adobe will have a satisfactory solution.
Many thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 12, 2022 Oct 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

We are working with Intel to fix this issue which came after one of the driver updates. Suggested workaround to make this work by turning off GPU usage from PSE preference is applicable to PSE 2023 application only. Will keep this thread updated with the progress.

Thanks,

Priyanshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 11, 2022 Nov 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Today is November 11, 2022.

I have just gotten off Remote Assistance Chat for the 2nd time since September regarding this issue.

Artistic Effects has NEVER WORKED since installation of 2022.

I have replaced and upgraded Intel Drivers, unchecked Hardware, all of it. 

Still the pink/gray screen of meh.

Am now going to try 2023 Trial version to see if it works in the newer edition. Fingers Crossed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 12, 2022 Nov 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Madeline - I wish you luck with the Artistic effects in Elements 2023. I
tried the trial version myself and am pleased to say that after unticking
the box 'Use graphic processor for improved performance' Artistic Effects
DID work! At the end of the trial I purchased the new version and am
happily using those effects again. I would have liked a complementary copy
but gave up hoping for that.

All the best.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 15, 2022 Nov 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, Has there been an update for this problem.  I can't afford to buy the new 2023 and would like 2022 to work properly.  I have tried everything suggested in this discussion and nothing fixed the brown screen.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 16, 2022 Nov 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I got this idea from a member some time ago, and it worked for me. I have photo shop elements 2023.

Sent from Mail<> for Windows
I downloaded/installed the New Trial Photoshop Elements 2023 (Artistic Effects did not work in this version either)
However, after I went into preferences - performance - and unchecked (use Graphics Processor for improved performance)
The trial Photoshop Elements 2023 Artistic Effects started working as it should.
I then opened my Photoshop Elements 2022, went into preferences - performance - and unchecked (use Graphics Processor for improved performance) and Artistic Effects still does Not Work.
So, same computer, exact same configuration, (Windows 11 64 bit)
The trial Photoshop Elements 2023 Artistic Effects works as it should.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 16, 2022 Nov 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nor should one have to spend more money to buy another PSE product just to get something that should be working in the 2022 version in first place. Shoddy work Abobe!

All the work arounds suggested are usuless. If you want AI effects go to Deep Dream Generator. works a lot better and has more choice.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 17, 2022 Nov 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I understand all of your frustration and have tried to follow up with Adobe.  However, it usually takes two to Tango.   I am reasonably confident that all of you having problems are using an Intel Graphics Chip.  (If anyone has a different graphics card, please let us know.)  I'm guessing that Adobe is having to work with Intel to fix this issue and needs Intel to do something with their graphics drivers.  Since Artistic Effects was one of the big new features in Elements 2022, I would expect that Adobe is treating this with high priority.  I doubt whether Intel has the same level of  incentive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 28, 2022 Dec 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Greg, I am having the same issue, I have a Lenovo IdeaPad with an Intel Iris XE graphics card.  I really hope this gets resolved, very frustrating, thanks for your efforts. Kathryn

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 28, 2022 Dec 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@J26685140vptz Hi Kathryn.  I have not forgotten about this issue and I continue to follow up with Adobe to see what can be done to get it resolved.  In one of the forum discussions relating to this problem, I believe an Adobe employee stated that they were working with Intel to get this fixed.  My interpretation of the comment is that Adobe needs Intel to change something with the graphics driver.  I am sure Adobe would love to get this fixed as soon as possible, but it may be out of their control.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 07, 2023 Mar 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

This issue has been resolved with latest Intel® Graphics Driver 31.0.101.4146 Intel® Arc™ & Iris® Xe Graphics - WHQL - Windows*

Regards,

Saurabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It did not work for me!  Still not working.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Cindy252191283cht, have you rebooted your computer after installing the new driver?  Please give us a screenshot of your Edit>Preferences>Performance dialog:

Snap_2023.03.07_11h21m33s_001.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, several times I rebooted.  However, each time I rebooted an annoyed Intel message kept asking if I wanted them to check for updates.  Since it did not work, and caused a system issue, I uninstalled it. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines