• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop Elements 2022 is not opening a TIFF file correctly.

New Here ,
Nov 10, 2022 Nov 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop Elements 2022 is not opening a TIFF file correctly. It is cutting off the right 1.5 of a photo that is 3.5 in wide. I cannot open the file at all in Adobe Acrobat Reader.

TOPICS
Bug , Mac , Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 10, 2022 Nov 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I forgot to add that I can upload the TIFF to Flickr with no problem. Flickr does convert all TIFFs to JPG. But at least Flickr can opne the photo correctly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 13, 2022 Nov 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @stanleyw41137474,

Can you please confirm if this issue is observed with all TIFF files or with this particular image only? In case the issue is image specific, would it be possible for you to share this image with me via personal message?

Regards,

Medha 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 13, 2022 Nov 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

What version of macOS are you using?

Is that a TIFF that was scanned by using Image Capture or from within photoshop elements File>Import>Images From Device?

You should be able to open any of the offending TIFF files into Preview and save out as a tif.

(Applications>Preview.app)

Under File in Preview press the Option key to get Save As so you don't overrite your existing file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines