• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop Elements 2022 Problem

New Here ,
Jan 18, 2022 Jan 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I have a problem with my Photoshop Elements 2022. The Tool <<Quick Effect Artistic>> doesn't work any longer. I have a brown layer on my photos instead. Help!

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Jan 18, 2022 Jan 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to have an image open first, the nyou apply the effect- otherwise get get a brownish canvas.

I've had conversations with folks in a facebook group about this:  They thought the effect shown in the artistic effects panel was something they could "just print up"--- it's an image that represents  a style of painting that is applied to an image you choose. 

2022-01-18_033010.png2022-01-18_032902.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 28, 2022 Jan 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, thank you for your message,

actually, when I've bought my Photoshop Elements all tools worked very well and I could use artistic effect with every photos!

And one day -  NOTHING! I mean tool Artistic Effect.

I didn't change my laptop. But maybe there is a probleme with Windows 11 ?

I don't know. When I downloaded it I didn't notice any probleme...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 14, 2022 May 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I have just encountered the exact same problem - the Artistic Effects no longer function, instead a brown layer appears,  Have you been able to solve this problem?  I am using Windows 10 on a laptop. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 21, 2022 Jan 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Can you share more details on the steps being followed and your machine details?

A screen recording depicting the issue would help too.

Thanks

Priyanshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 26, 2022 Jul 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello,

We have been investigating this issue. Though this is not consistent for us in-house, we can see this on some specific GPU and driver versions. Hence we would need more information to nail this down. Would request you to kindly share your machine's GPU information and Driver Update details as per steps below:

GPU and Driver Update Details
Steps to share GPU information:
1. Click Start.
2. On the Start menu, click Run.
3. In the Open box, type "dxdiag" (without the quotation marks), and then click OK.
4. The DirectX Diagnostic Tool opens.
5. On the Display tab, information about your graphics card is shown in the Device section.
6. Please take a screenshot and share the same with us.

Steps to share Driver Update information:
1. Open the Windows Settings.
2. Select Update & Security > Windows Update.
3. Now, click on View Update History.
4. Here, you'll see a list of all updates Windows has installed. Use the arrows to expand the category for Driver Updates.
5. You'll see your most recently installed drivers, including their date and version number.
6. Please take a screenshot and share the same with us

Thanks,

Priyanshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines