• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop Elements 2022 Update Failure

New Here ,
Feb 11, 2022 Feb 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I bought the set of Photoshop and Premiere Elements end december 2022 and installed version 20.0. It runs on a Windows 10 machine. The Help\Updates... menu item is greyed out.

However obviously there are updates (https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop-elements/release-note/update.html). First to 2022.1 on december 18th and now to 2022.2 on february 7th.

Creative cloud only updates Camera RAW to 14.2.

My photoshop elements version is still 20.0. I do not understand whats going on here.

Who can enlighten me?

Kind regards from Holland

Germ Wind

TOPICS
Download and install , Problem or error , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 13, 2022 Feb 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same for me, Updates is grayed out in the Help menu. Updates are set to Auto in the preferences, but still no update to 2022.2. Also the Camera Raw update didn't actually update properly. I had to physically copy the Camera Raw 14.2 version plugin from "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Plug-Ins\CC\File Formats" to "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Plug-Ins\Elements 20\File Formats" to get it to update properly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

14.2 was really just for Photoshop.  I typically recommend you don't mess with "always having the latest version" of ACR- unless you need it to support a brand new camera format. 

the latest ACR is always different for PSE as compared to Photoshop.  in PSE 2022 you have less options of editing, but for the most part, the average user will not  notice.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 03, 2022 Mar 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mine just stopped working today March 3, and said I needed to reinstall.  When I did I lost my camera raw14.1 and now cannot update to 14.2  "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Plug-Ins\Elements 20\File Formats" does not list file formats, says custom hooks instead.  All my Topaz plugins are there , just no camera raw.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 04, 2022 Mar 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try this:

If you haven't been able to update the Camera Raw plug-in for Elements, follow these steps:

1. Download and install the latest Camera Raw version from https://helpx.adobe.com/camera-raw/kb/camera-raw-plug-in-installer.html
  2. Quit all Adobe applications.
  3. On Windows double-click the downloaded .zip file to unzip it. (Windows might unzip the file for you.)
  4. On Windows, double-click the resulting .exe file to start the installer.
  5. Follow the on-screen instructions.
  6. Once installed successfully, close the installer window.
  7. Navigate to the following folder:

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Plug-Ins\CC\File Formats

8. Copy the Camera Raw plug-in from the CC > File Formats folder that is mentioned in the above step.

9. Navigate to the following folder: 

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Plug-Ins\Elements 20\File Formats

10. Replace the existing Camera Raw plugin in Elements<Version Number> folder with the plug-in that you copied in step 8.
Note: The following is a workaround to update Camera Raw within Elements. It is recommended to wait for Camera Raw updates within the product for issue fixes. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I did that before but the file formats does not exist now in this C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Plug-Ins\Elements 20\File Formats    instead of file formats it says custom hooks and file is empty.  Also with the installer the new camera raw 14.2 is not showing up in steps 7 and 8 to copy -- is 14.1 I installed in January is there but do not know if I can even reinstall  as file formats gone replaced by custom hooks.  In my task manager is listing two processes called adobe genuine software intergration and service--- maybe theses do not allow download.

Perplexed.  Not sure if this has happened to anyone else.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is your newly installed Photoshp Elements the Microsoft Store version or a Win32 version downloaded from Adobe?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 07, 2022 Mar 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I bought through proper Adobe website  where I have bought products for many years. Someone said there was an update for Elements 2022 and now includes the camera raw 14.1. I am at my cabin now and elements is on my desktop computer at home in city so cannot do much until next week. I might have to uninstall everything and start again. 
As I mention I am missing the folder under elements 20 in program- common files Adobe-- elements 20 that is listed in the instructions above. Now only custom hook. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 09, 2022 Mar 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try this Adobe tool:

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop-elements/kb/elements-installation-error-CC-cleaner-tool.html

and then reinstall from freshly downloaded installer.

Hope this solves your issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 30, 2022 Dec 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Adobe Photoshop Elements Version: 20.0 (20220702.Git.dot.b9b2853) x64 is crap. Loads twice in Process and will not reopen after closing until you clean out the extra running process. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your version (20) is actually photoshop elements 2022.

14.2 raw update is only for the full version of Photoshop.   

If updates is greyed out- regardless of what you have selected in your preferences file, that means an update is not yet available.  Updates are pushed out at slightly different times, for different users.  Be patient- you will get it, generally withi ntwo weeks of an update release.

There is no place you can go to to get the update- you have to wait until it is pushed out to you.

I did a clean install of PSE 2022- the update is greyed out for me-- I'll get the update when it becomes available to me.

Updates sometimes are just for people who use (most recently) just the mac OS Monterey).

Updates after a version is released are always "behind the scenes" updates that fix minor glitches- they never contain new features.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sometimes an update will apply to only a Mac computer or only a Windows computer. The 2022.1 update was only for Macs. So if you've got a Windows computer, the 2022.1 update will not be pushed to your PC. It's not clear from Adobe's description of 2022.2 wether it applies to Mac or Windows computers.

--
Walter in Davie, FL

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 14, 2022 Feb 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks all for your replies. It is all a bit confusing I must say, but I understand the following:

- not all updates are for windows AND mac

- not all acr updates are for elements (but why are they downladed anyway)

- the rollout of an update takes time. I have to wait until an update announces itself on my system. That can take a couple of weeks.

Kind regards from Holland

Germ Wind

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 15, 2022 Mar 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just uninstalled my 2022 Elements from late December and did a second install and have the new version with camera raw 14.1 which I needed for my new SonyA7IV camera raw files and older rawfiles from my Sony a6500.  

Working for the moment thankfully  .  Much happier than I was when I bought what I thought was current software for my new camera and found absolutley no raw capibilities included.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 16, 2022 Mar 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad you got it working.

FYI, since the 2022.2 update I have found that Elements will occasionally refuse to open. When I go into Task Manager, I find several instances of Elements running and have to "End Task" for all instances. After this, Elements will behave normally. It could just be my system, but if you run into this issue, you will know what to do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 16, 2022 Mar 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I even had that happen with my previous version and found shutting off and reboot helped but should not be happening. . Happened with the new one yesterday too so did chat with Adobe support and they took over my computer and as you said closed stuff in task manager but said nothing about this being a reoccurrence. Thanks for your advice  but hope it will behave but sounds like it may be an issue.  Maybe have a chat with support and mention your reoccurring issue and they can do an update for the software. I will go back again if it happens again , I have a case number to refer to now and phone number to call .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines