• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop Elements 2022 upgrade bought but everything keeps freezing

New Here ,
Sep 10, 2022 Sep 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have just updated my Photoshop Elements Organiser from version 14 to 2022.  I have 60k images, and everytime I try to move down the organiser it freezes.  Running Task manager the program is not using all the memory space on the computer, less than half in fact, but I do not know what to do to be able to use the program now. Any suggestions - has anyone else found there is a maximum number of images or size which the Organiser can cope with?

TOPICS
Crash or freeze , Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 10, 2022 Sep 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I suspect that the program is engaged in media analysis which hogs resources for a large catalog.  If you are able to do so, go to Edit>Preferences>Media Analysis and uncheck all boxes to see if it makes any difference.  You can turn Media Analysis back on when you do not need your computer e.g. leave it running overnight.  If you have a lot of video files, the program may be running face recognition on them.  (Video FR was not available in Elements 14.)  This could take several days of analysis, depending on how many video files you have and how large they are.

If you are unable to reach the Preferences dialog while your large catalog is running, try closing the program and relaunch it while pressing the Shift key.  This will bring up the Catalog Manager.  Create a new empty catalog and open it. You should then be able to get to the Preferences without a problem.

Adobe has never suggested a maximum limit for a catalog.  Your catalog is probably larger than average but it should not be the cause of any problem.  I have over 200k files in my catalog and I know of users who have had over 300k files in their catalog.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 11, 2022 Sep 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your help. I didn't know about how to create new catalogs so I may be able to use that to sort the issue.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 18, 2022 Sep 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have sorted the problem now - the program had lost a link to where a lot of the photos were stored, once this was restored it worked fine

Thanks for your help. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines