• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop Elements 2023 organizer does not respond to selections

Community Beginner ,
Nov 23, 2022 Nov 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've just upgraded to Elements 2023 on a Windows 10 PC but I'm finding that the organizer does not respond to any mouse clicks other than the top File/Edit/Find/View/Help menu items. e.g. with a catalog loaded and all of the photos displayed if I select a photo using the mouse the organizer does not show that I've selected that photo unless I Alt Tab off the screen and then back again. It is the same for every option on the organizer screen - media, people, zoom, etc, the only way to get the organizer to show the result of any action is to Alt Tab off the screen and then back again.

Any ideas how I fix this as the software is useless as it stands. Thanks in advance.

TOPICS
Bug , Organizer , Problem or error , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Nov 24, 2022 Nov 24, 2022

Thanks for the suggestions. Had a look at all of those things and everything looked ok, I always turn off Media Analysis anyway given how long it can take to process my large number of images.

I have got to the bottom of the problem though, it was doing very odd things because of the extended desktop setup I've got - making any selection on the primary screen was producing a 'ghost' copy of the result on the other screen whilst leaving the primary screen unchanged, but any attempt to interact wit

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Nov 23, 2022 Nov 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Take a look in Task Manager to see whether there is actually some activity going on in Elements.

Try waiting an extended time to see if a photo is selected after a single click.

If there is activity going on in Task Manager, this may be some high resource hog like face recognition or other media analysis.

Go to Edit>Preferences>Media Analysis and uncheck all of the boxes. Then see if the problem still exists.  If this is the cause of the problem and you want the media analysis to continue, turn it back on and leave your computer running overnight (possibly for several days if you have a large catalog).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 24, 2022 Nov 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the suggestions. Had a look at all of those things and everything looked ok, I always turn off Media Analysis anyway given how long it can take to process my large number of images.

I have got to the bottom of the problem though, it was doing very odd things because of the extended desktop setup I've got - making any selection on the primary screen was producing a 'ghost' copy of the result on the other screen whilst leaving the primary screen unchanged, but any attempt to interact with the ghost image made it disappear and refresh the primary screen. All very strange but seems to have been resolved by temporarily disconnecting the second screen.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 23, 2023 Oct 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Glad you mentioned the screens. I moved my unresponsive Organizer to the primary screen and menus appeared, right-clicking for album info appeared again....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines