• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop Elements 2024 RAW editor.

New Here ,
Jul 01, 2024 Jul 01, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please help. In the RAW editor of Elements 2024 is there a way to copy adjustments made from one photo to another, or multiple others - not to all photos open in the editor? Thank you.

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 02, 2024 Jul 02, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

YES.

When you write the settings of the raw conversion, the w hole recipee is saved in the xmp sidecar file (for raws) or directly in the media file metadata header (for image formats like jpg). The program also saves the same data for the last written conversion or update.

So, the trick is to reopen the source file, write it again (Done) and then, your image conversion recepee is available for the target files.

In the ACR menu, look for the settings menu (three little dots) just right of the histogram and choose "Apply previous settings" from the dropdown menu.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 11, 2024 Jul 11, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the reply. I want to be able to remain in the RAW editor after applying edits to target files. Following your direction, the RAW editor closes after clicking "Done". Any further advice please?

I am able to do so in my old Elements 13 version.

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not aware of another solution and for me, PSE13 and PSE2024 work the same.

If you can explain your solution in PSE13, I'd be happy to test it on my side.

Clicking "Done" is necessary to save the latest conversion settings.  I don't know how to copy the settings of an image to other ones in the same open editing session.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks again for taking time to help.

I open multiple photos in the PSE13 RAW editor - make changes to one photo - then to apply those changes to other photos I select the photo that has the changes plus the others that I want to apply the changes to - open the Basic field - click Previous Conversions - the Basic field closes - reopen it - click Custom Settings - the Basic field closes again and the changes are applied to all selected photos. The RAW editor remains open and I can continue editing other photos.

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 12, 2024 Jul 12, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the detailed workflow in PSE13.

I was not able to follow precisely your steps because the basic field did not close automatically. So, I just decided to switch to another option like "details", then go back to basic. That enabled the saving of the last conversion setting and I could apply the previous settings as in your description.

I now tried the same workflow in PSE2024 and it worked !

Does that work for you now ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 12, 2024 Jul 12, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

No, I could not get it to work in PSE 24. I may noy be following you correctly. Please bear with me and describe your steps in PSE 24 only.

Thank yoiu.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines